The 13th pipe I made, Blowfish with Bamboo。

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
pzhan

The 13th pipe I made, Blowfish with Bamboo。

Post by pzhan »

Hi guys,
Here is my 13th pipe. a Blowfish with Bamboo.
Making this shape is torture. :P but also a Challenge.
Let me know what you think. Thanks.

d.huber

Re: The 13th pipe I made, Blowfish with Bamboo。

Post by d.huber »

Very nice! It's a shame the wood has so many little pits. What kept you from partially blasting or rusticating?
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

I can hardly believe the looks of some of your pipes! For number 13 this is incredible. I remember my number 13, what a POS. You have a lot of talent my friend. Once you get the little things refined you'll be making some truly remarkable stuff.
pzhan

Post by pzhan »

UberHuberMan wrote:Very nice! It's a shame the wood has so many little pits. What kept you from partially blasting or rusticating?
Thanks.
it is a shame the briar is not perfect. If I have sandblaster, i would blast the pipe. :mrgreen: and i didn't think any rusticatation would fit the shape. So...
hopfully, i can get a sandblaster shortly. :D
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Yes, the shaping is wonderful; I can definitely see the challenge but then self-torture is really the only fun kind.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
Blueb3

Post by Blueb3 »

Love how the angles of the bamboo knuckles compliment the rest of the pipe! Great job.
pzhan

Post by pzhan »

Ocelot55 wrote:I can hardly believe the looks of some of your pipes! For number 13 this is incredible. I remember my number 13, what a POS. You have a lot of talent my friend. Once you get the little things refined you'll be making some truly remarkable stuff.
Thanks. :D
Hudson wrote:Yes, the shaping is wonderful; I can definitely see the challenge but then self-torture is really the only fun kind.
Yes, you are totally right. :wink:
Blueb3 wrote:Love how the angles of the bamboo knuckles compliment the rest of the pipe! Great job.
Thanks.
Charl

Post by Charl »

Beautiful work for being the 10th! The stem/bamboo joint, with the wooden ring, somehow doesn't work for me. But for the rest: well done!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Very pretty pipe. I don't know enough about the blowfish to offer any critique, but I like the bamboo color and the over all design. Great work!

Brian.