Father's Day Pipe

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Batchelor_of_Briar

Father's Day Pipe

Post by Batchelor_of_Briar »

hello all,

I haven't been too active recently - busy trying to make headway with my pipemaking! I just wanted to post my latest pipe, one I made especially for my father.

This is my fourth pipe and by far the one I'm most happy about. I have been thinking about experimenting with finishes and have been intending to try gradients for a while. Glad I got round to it with this one.

Reading this forum has been a great help over the last few months so I'd like to say thanks to everyone for their advice and sharing their pipes - has given me loads of ideas.

Alden

Re: Father's Day Pipe

Post by Alden »

Neat pipe, I really like the stain. Did you just sand away the bottom stain more than the top ?
Batchelor_of_Briar

Post by Batchelor_of_Briar »

I used a combination of sanding and applying several layers of stain until I had it looking about right. It was a bit experimental really!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Looks like a well loved meerschaum. I like it, but am a little iffy on the shank, but that's a personal thing. Nice pipe.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Very nice; it's almost cuddly. Don't think it will be going home alone. Oh, it's for your Dad . . . he'll love it!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker