39-12 'Zastruga'

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Nate

39-12 'Zastruga'

Post by Nate »

Sasquatch

Re: 39-12 'Zastruga'

Post by Sasquatch »

Is that a second-chamber type, Nate, or is it gonna have babies soon? What's the gestation for blasted rhodesions? Will there be a litter, or just one pup?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Sasquatch wrote:Is that a second-chamber type, Nate, or is it gonna have babies soon? What's the gestation for blasted rhodesions? Will there be a litter, or just one pup?
If it weren't so late, I would have LOL'd, but I had to keep it in.

Cool pipe though Nate. With a name like "Zastruga" I knew it was yours even before seeing who posted it. I really like this pipe....and am also curious about the reverse calabash answer.
sam a

Post by sam a »

really nice nate... that blast looks first class, with a shape to match.
Nate

Post by Nate »

No, not a reverse calabash. Just a chubby shank. I think this particular rhodesian species has only one offspring at a time ;)
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I think it is the ugliest pipe you've made to date.. I know you don't want to put it up on your website due to the shame it will bring your babies once the Gestation period Sas mentioned is over.. so I'll spare you long explinations.. you can go ahead and send it to me. since I live in another country nobody in the US will ever see it and you won't have to explain the 'What were you thinking' question that will be burning on everybodies mind.

Great blast Nate

james
Charl

Post by Charl »

Cool one, Nate! Glad to see that somebody went the normal route with a pipe that looks to be the 'reverse calabash' type. I for one is tired of all the hype around it.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Suhweet Jaysus, man! That pipe is awful! I know James offered to save you public embarrassment first, but I am in the states and shipping would be cheaper if you just sent it to me. I promise it will never see the light of day. Just the light of a good flame on good tobacco.

Seriously though: great pipe, Nate!
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Nate

Post by Nate »

jogilli wrote:I think it is the ugliest pipe you've made to date.. I know you don't want to put it up on your website due to the shame it will bring your babies once the Gestation period Sas mentioned is over.. so I'll spare you long explinations.. you can go ahead and send it to me. since I live in another country nobody in the US will ever see it and you won't have to explain the 'What were you thinking' question that will be burning on everybodies mind.

Great blast Nate

james
Hahahaha!! :lol:
Nate

Post by Nate »

Charl wrote:Cool one, Nate! Glad to see that somebody went the normal route with a pipe that looks to be the 'reverse calabash' type. I for one is tired of all the hype around it.
Thanks Charl! I would do this one as a RC if it was requested. I haven't had any requests for any yet :D
Nate

Post by Nate »

UberHuberMan wrote:Suhweet Jaysus, man! That pipe is awful! I know James offered to save you public embarrassment first, but I am in the states and shipping would be cheaper if you just sent it to me. I promise it will never see the light of day. Just the light of a good flame on good tobacco.

Seriously though: great pipe, Nate!
Thanks Hubes!! :)
mredmond
Site Supporter

39-12 'Zastruga'

Post by mredmond »

I'm a fan of proportionately large shanks, when done well. I think this one was done well. I dig it, Nate!

Micah
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Beautiful blast! The shape is great but what really sets the whole thing off is the stem. Amazing!
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I love the pipe but would have a hard time figuring out what to wear with it. Do they make leather ascots?
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
Nate

Post by Nate »

mredmond wrote:I'm a fan of proportionately large shanks, when done well. I think this one was done well. I dig it, Nate!

Micah
Thanks Micah!! :D
Nate

Post by Nate »

wdteipen wrote:Beautiful blast! The shape is great but what really sets the whole thing off is the stem. Amazing!
Thanks Wayne!!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Hudson wrote:I love the pipe but would have a hard time figuring out what to wear with it. Do they make leather ascots?
Thanks Hudson, not certain about the ascots though. My apologies. :)