Vacation and Pipes

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Cory

Vacation and Pipes

Post by Cory »

Went up to North Myrtle Beach, SC, the past four days and had a chance to swing by Low Country Pipe and Cigar (smokingpipes.com). I have to say -it is the coolest pipe shop I have been in and it was really cool to see some of the work of the guys on here (Rad, Bruce Weaver, J&J, etc.) in person. I couldn't resist bringing in some of mine for a in-person critique. One of the guys behind the counter seemed impressed and he got Ted Swearingen to come look at them. He gave me some honest critique (stuff that is hard to see online and that hasn't been addressed on here). It was a pleasure to have him give me some feedback and it was a great store to look through.

I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.
The way to make people want to smoke your pipes is to develop a reputation for excellence in your work. This takes a lot of hard work and several years to accomplish, and there are no short cuts. You just have to keep at it. - Rad Davis
wmolaw

Re: Vacation and Pipes

Post by wmolaw »

Cory wrote:Went up to North Myrtle Beach, SC, the past four days and had a chance to swing by Low Country Pipe and Cigar (smokingpipes.com). I have to say -it is the coolest pipe shop I have been in and it was really cool to see some of the work of the guys on here (Rad, Bruce Weaver, J&J, etc.) in person. I couldn't resist bringing in some of mine for a in-person critique. One of the guys behind the counter seemed impressed and he got Ted Swearingen to come look at them. He gave me some honest critique (stuff that is hard to see online and that hasn't been addressed on here). It was a pleasure to have him give me some feedback and it was a great store to look through.

I highly recommend it to anyone in the area.
Agreed, I posted about this as well a month or so ago. Was there on a golf trip, didn't even know it was smokingpipes.com, just stopped by and was blown away! And I agree, it was fantastic to see such pipes, in person.