Hello from the UK

The place to make announcements of interest to the Forum members.
LordGreenskull

Hello from the UK

Post by LordGreenskull »

Hi guys, yet another noob here.

I'm a Canadian living in England, I've been over here since 1999. I'm Sasquatch on all other forums I frequent yet found there's already a Canadian by the name of Sasquatch on here! Small virtual world, I like your style fella :wink:

I like making knives and carving and recently have been pining to make my own pipes for personal use with minimal hand tools. I have zero delusions of grandeur, I'll be lucky to turn out a turd that smokes I'm sure! Due to my complete lack of knowledge I'm afraid I have nothing to add to the party here, I'll mainly be lurking and asking face palm inducing questions, hopefully you'll bear with me!

Looking forward to seeing your work and being inspired. Thanks for having me on board!
wmolaw

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by wmolaw »

LordGreenskull wrote:Hi guys, yet another noob here.

I'm a Canadian living in England, I've been over here since 1999. I'm Sasquatch on all other forums I frequent yet found there's already a Canadian by the name of Sasquatch on here! Small virtual world, I like your style fella :wink:

I like making knives and carving and recently have been pining to make my own pipes for personal use with minimal hand tools. I have zero delusions of grandeur, I'll be lucky to turn out a turd that smokes I'm sure! Due to my complete lack of knowledge I'm afraid I have nothing to add to the party here, I'll mainly be lurking and asking face palm inducing questions, hopefully you'll bear with me!

Looking forward to seeing your work and being inspired. Thanks for having me on board!
It's addicting, be careful. Soon, you too will be buying every possible tool one can use in pipe making! Wood lathes, tools, metal lathes, sanders, drill presses, bits, rasps, files, and on and on and on!
Nate

Post by Nate »

Welcome Greenskull! Enjoy and post often!
Growley

Post by Growley »

Welcome, You should post some of your other work in the "other things we make" section. It would be great to see some of your work.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Welcome... and we'll bear with you.. I mean we bear w/Nate all the time.... honestly said though have fun.. and communicate... don't just lurk.. it's more fun

james
mightysmurf8201

Post by mightysmurf8201 »

Welcome! And I will also just echo what wmolaw said. It's very addicting, but even more rewarding.
#shellaclivesmatter

Emmanuel Atilano
https://www.instagram.com/atilanohandmade/
LordGreenskull

Post by LordGreenskull »

Thanks for the warm welcome lads. You lot are certainly capable of some amazing work! As I can't make pipes yet perhaps I'll post something in the other items thread for now. I'll keep checking out your websites and the gallery for inspiration and try to get some knowledge together so I too can join the fun someday.

Cheers, Chad