bamboo

Interested in making clay pipes, meerschaums, olive woods, or some other exotic material? Talk about it here.
Alden

Re: bamboo

Post by Alden »

Ok, I'm going to add up everything we have so far and send him the order to get started on. Just want to double check and make sure nobody has changed their mind already. Communication has been good and final payment will be when the order is ready to ship. Paypal payment, so we should get our money back if the order gets screwy.
Now, the fun part :D
I want to send a downpayment of $250 and my funds are at a minimum right now.
Could I get a couple of you guys to send a payment/partial payment on your order ?
PM me if you can help with it.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I'll either send you a partial or my full payment but I can't do it until Monday..just let me know.. It was kinda instigated from me anyway.. but I don't access any banking information while travelling...and right now I'm travelling...again

Monday I will be on my trusted computer again...the chinese don't know about that one hahahaha

james
taharris

Post by taharris »

My order is not very big, but I will send you a deposit to help out.

Just let me know.

Todd
Alden

Post by Alden »

Ok, update from Mindong,
He has 100 white bamboo and 100 black bamboo and 21 Horn ready to ship now. For the rest of the bamboo he says it will be January.
Jogilli it was your idea, so I would say its fair to give you first dibs.
Wayne and Mredmond both sent me deposit money to get started, so I'd say its fair to give you two first chance also.
If everyone agrees its fair to do it this way, and you 3 are ready to order now, the tally will come to 60 black bamboo and 100 white bamboo.
That will take up all the white and leave 40 black bamboo still up for grabs.
I dont know if thats the right way to do this, just trying to straighten out an increasingly complicated gameplan :lol:
Any better ideas are welcomed !
I haven't gotten the total yet with shipping, wanted to post this here and get the ball rolling.

For the record, our total order placed was 350 Black Bamboo, 550 White Bamboo and 21 Horn.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

Personally I like it.. but then I'm on the receiving end...:-) Just let me know what I need to send you money wise.. also.. there will be no need for you to ship it to me.. I'll PM you mom's address.. since I'm going to be in Texas anyway in December I'll just pick it up there... .. West Texas PipeMakers HOOOOOODDDDOOOOOWWWWWNNNNNN .. you know...

james
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

No objections from me. :wink:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

No problems here. I'd prefer to wait until January and just get a single shipment.

BTW, I can now help out with deposit funds, so if any more is needed, please let me know. :)
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
mredmond
Site Supporter

bamboo

Post by mredmond »

I'm cool with it. Ryan, just let me know if you need any additional funds for shipping, etc.

Micah
Alden

Post by Alden »

Ok, I'll contact you guys when I have a total with shipping.
Alden

Post by Alden »

:banghead: From Mindong today;

"It will be better if you let me know the diameter of bamboo you need exactly,
because you may prefer just one size,others may not be necessary.
I could send you 100 black bamboo,
100 white bamboo,2 Ox Horn in the first batch.

As for the post cost, I am VIP of EMS(local post office) and enjoy some discount.
But the discount depends on the order .
It usually varies form 10% off to 30%. So right now I could not tell you exact post cost.

If you pay 1000USD ,482USD will be the payment of first batch,the rest 512USD will be deposit for next batch.

100 black bamboo, 300$
100 white bamboo. 150$
2 Ox Horn 18$ x 2=32$
TOtal; USD 482.

350 Black Bamboo X 3USD=1050 USD
550 White Bamboo X1.5USD=825 USD
21 Ox Horn X 18 = 378 USD
Total;2253USD "

My Reply;

"Hello Mindong,
Please let me know when you are ready to ship 200 white bamboo and 200 black bamboo. Then I will send you $1,000.
After that, we will wait until the rest of the order is ready and I will send you $1253 for the second order.
Thank you, please let me know as soon as you are ready to ship that much and I will Paypal you $1,000."
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

good reply. just let me know how much.. and it will be sitting in you paypal account a few minutes after I read the post..

make sure you include the paypal percentage that will be deducted from our payments so your not shortchanged..
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

jogilli wrote:good reply. just let me know how much.. and it will be sitting in you paypal account a few minutes after I read the post..

make sure you include the paypal percentage that will be deducted from our payments so your not shortchanged..
This.

-Tyler Beard
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

jogilli wrote:good reply. just let me know how much.. and it will be sitting in you paypal account a few minutes after I read the post..

+me
Wayne Teipen
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I will send you one (1) can Beer (empty), one (1) jar peanuts (honey coated, empty), two hundred thirty seven (237) wrappers (various) from Halloween chocolate bars (mostly empty), one (1) 3-legged Boston Terrier, and sixteen (16) broken/damaged/chewed pipe stems (vulcanite).

This order will be shipped free as a sample, however, a postage fee of $385.25 will apply.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Sasquatch wrote:I will send you one (1) can Beer (empty), one (1) jar peanuts (honey coated, empty), two hundred thirty seven (237) wrappers (various) from Halloween chocolate bars (mostly empty), one (1) 3-legged Boston Terrier, and sixteen (16) broken/damaged/chewed pipe stems (vulcanite).

This order will be shipped free as a sample, however, a postage fee of $385.25 will apply.

Yeah, then we go to order and you only have one hundred ten (110) candy bar wrappers in stock, and it will be next halloween before the rest are ready :takethat: :takethat: :takethat:
Alden

Post by Alden »

I havent heard anything back from Mindong since he asked for a huge deposit.
I contacted the guy who is always selling bamboo on Ebay (I dont have any personal experience but he has been there a long time and has a really good rating).
I just asked for a wholesale price, and here are the answers he gave me.

"normally i choice 25-40cm long stick,just look the bamboo nodes if tight or loose,and diamter is 0.9-1.3cm about ,so,i can't sell them in pcs,i sell them in kilo.
1 kilo of of such size is about 40-60pcs,so,350 black bamboo is abou t 8-9 kilo
and 550 white bamboo is about 10 kilo
so,i advice you order 10kilo each for white and black.now i ahve white in stock,after 2 weeks,i have balck in stock.if you take white now? and after 2weeks,let us deal black?ok?
for white:55usd/kg
for black:90usd/kg
price is including shipping cost
if you order 10kg for each?
total 20kg,about:
550+900=1450usd "

That is cheaper than Mindong ($1875 for the bamboo in our order with him).
I dont know what everyone else thinks, like I said I have never ordered any from either of these guys. I do know this guy is a lot more straight forward ! Instant communication.
This is the guy; http://www.ebay.com/itm/150458602078?ss ... 1423.l2649
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

I vote we go with e-bay guy. Mingdong has seemed a little sketch from the beginning.

-Tyler Beard
mredmond
Site Supporter

bamboo

Post by mredmond »

Mindong doesn't seem that interested in our business, so I'm ok with an alternative.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

I'm ok with the ebay guy... I just need some.. down to a few sticks...

james
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

ebay guy's stuff looks pretty good to me. I'm good with that.
Wayne Teipen