My lathe is broken...

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
scotties22

My lathe is broken...

Post by scotties22 »

And no, it wasn't my fault. The motor has a bad bushing. I went out to start a pipe two nights ago and the thing started vibrating across the floor when I turned it on. I called Highland yesterday and they gave me Rikon's customer service number. I was all prepaired for a fight because the thing is only two months old. The guy who answered the phone asked what was wrong and then immediatly asked for my address. They are shipping me a new motor. I should have it before the end of the week. Good thing I have a few things to work on while I wait!!

I gotta say, their customer service is great.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Sasquatch

Re: My lathe is broken...

Post by Sasquatch »

Are they including a phytosanitary certificate though??
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I totally just had to look that up. Should they???
www.ladybriar.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Given your luck on briar, I'd say you better take what you can get.

But no, a motor shouldn't contain seeds or insects, so you should be all right.

THIS TIME!
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Give a girl a break, man.
www.ladybriar.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Yer gonna get busted for pockets full of briar dust. :lol:
Alden

Post by Alden »

Sas is just upset because they refused to issue him a phytosanitary certificate last time he tried to fly in to Missouri.
No kidding.
They held him in customs for weeks. Finally got him boxed up and mailed to Greece, Canadian customs won't clear mythical creatures. I had to fly up to St. Louis and pull the strings myself. Eventually we got the box out labeled "Satyr". I know, it was fudging the truth just a little, but the Greeks dont have a Sasquatch in their mythos.
Needless to say, he still holds a bit of a grudge.
That, and he's tired of all those punk kids eating slim jims and "messing with him".
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Yeah, us hillbillies don't really believe in the Squatch.....we like the ghosts :lol:. We try to leave the hairy creatures to the mountain folk...can't taint our woods.

Sas, I will apologize for the good people from the state of Missouri (pronounced Missoura by the way) and hope that they fed you well while you awaited transport and I hope the banjo music wasn't too much for you. :lol:
www.ladybriar.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Alden wrote:Sas is just upset because they refused to issue him a phytosanitary certificate last time he tried to fly in to Missouri.
No kidding.
They held him in customs for weeks. Finally got him boxed up and mailed to Greece, Canadian customs won't clear mythical creatures. I had to fly up to St. Louis and pull the strings myself. Eventually we got the box out labeled "Satyr". I know, it was fudging the truth just a little, but the Greeks dont have a Sasquatch in their mythos.
Needless to say, he still holds a bit of a grudge.
That, and he's tired of all those punk kids eating slim jims and "messing with him".
That's the funniest post I've read in at least 2 years! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, "Edward".

Rad
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Alden wrote:Sas is just upset because they refused to issue him a phytosanitary certificate last time he tried to fly in to Missouri.

:lol: :lol: