Logan 11 cabinet model

What to buy a used tool? Looking to sell some extra stems or inlay material? Post your buy, sell, or trade requests and advertisements here.
JHowell

Logan 11 cabinet model

Post by JHowell »

Anybody interested in a Logan 11"? Cabinet model, underdrive. It has new spindle bearings, everything works but is worn. It came out of a gunsmith's shop and has some abrasive wear, but it's plenty accurate, that just means you don't have to feel bad about using abrasives on it making pipes. Everything works except that the motor is tired. It runs fine for 10 or 15 minutes and then it starts to squeal. Which hasn't been a problem for me because this is the lathe that I keep set up with a 3-jaw chuck and just use it for little one-off things. The motor that's in it is 220 single phase reversible, and if you know how to wire up a new one with the relay switch it's probably pretty easy to fix. I was planning to pull out all the contactor wiring and go with a frequency drive but I really don't have time to mess with it and I don't use it enough to keep it. I'd like $900, which is a couple hundred less than I paid for it because I know the motor is an issue. I'm in Oakmont, PA, near Pittsburgh. I brought it home on a U-Haul small trailer and unloaded it with one helper and a dolly, but getting it into a pickup would take probably four strong guys.

PM me if interested and I'll take some pictures. I was about to put it on Craigslist and thought, wait a minute . . .
Tyler
Site Supporter

Re: Logan 11 cabinet model

Post by Tyler »

Crap. I'd jump on it if it weren't for the 1500 miles apart thing.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Just get Jack to pop it in the mail, stupid. :banghead:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

You can ship to the UK right? :twisted:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Bad timing - I'm not going lathe shopping until the spring....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com