12-18

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Jos

12-18

Post by Jos »

Hi there,

next one's ready:

Stem made of ebonite, weight 53 g / 1.87 oz.

A - bowl diameter: 39 mm
B - bowl height: 39 mm
C - length: 130 mm
D - tobacco chamber diameter: 19 mm
E - tobacco chamber height: 29 mm

Critique, please ...

Jens
wdteipen

Re: 12-18

Post by wdteipen »

[/twitch]

[/twitch]

[/twitch]

[/take OCD meds]

Ahhhhhhh!
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Lol! I think Wayne may have found a powerful source of his very own kryptonite. Might sand that chamber, Jos, to keep Wayne from dissolving into a gelatinous mass. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

Now that gave me quite a chuckle!!

Jos, I think the basic idea is sound, but some of the details need refinement. Something about the stem bugs me, but I can't quite place it. It might be the angle it comes off of the stummel.
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

I think the stem is to small for the stummel at its base. It'd almost do well with a really squat broad bead, something like Downie does in his sandblasted Rakia piece. Go have a look on his site to see what I mean.
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
Jos

Post by Jos »

Thanks for your comments !

@Wayne: Relax, I'm sanding it out :wink: ...
Ocelot55 wrote:Jos, I think the basic idea is sound, but some of the details need refinement. Something about the stem bugs me, but I can't quite place it. It might be the angle it comes off of the stummel.
The Smoking Yeti wrote:I think the stem is to small for the stummel at its base. It'd almost do well with a really squat broad bead, something like Downie does in his sandblasted Rakia piece. Go have a look on his site to see what I mean.
Well, Yeti, I see your point, but since Ocelot is right (the angle is a litlle off), that would result in a gap, I guess ...

Jens
kkendall

Post by kkendall »

The Smoking Yeti wrote:I think the stem is to small for the stummel at its base. It'd almost do well with a really squat broad bead, something like Downie does in his sandblasted Rakia piece. Go have a look on his site to see what I mean.
Maybe a large bead with the top and bottom flattened. The transition from all the straight faces to the round bead on the stem gives me an ueasy feeling. It clashes.