New Bandsaw

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
brurobas

New Bandsaw

Post by brurobas »

Well, this has been the month of investments...

After my soon to arrive Chester DB10VS Lathe i found a good deal on a bandsaw and took it.

Tomorrow this "baby" arrives at my workshop door:

http://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-lb1200 ... 40v-p14467

Time to reform my small Einhell BM190 :-)
Massis

Re: New Bandsaw

Post by Massis »

only a month of investments? I've been having a year and a half of investments :-P

A house with a workshop, 2 new motors with sanding disks, a lathe, tooling for the lathe, a grinding wheel, a compressor, and I'm about to invest in a new floor for my workshop (because it doesn't have one yet).
And every time I go "I'm nearly there, I only need x and y now", and end up buying tons of other stuff I need :-D

But that's a nice bandsaw, congrats! Coming from the einhell this will be a great pleasure to work with I believe.
brurobas

Post by brurobas »

Massis wrote: And every time I go "I'm nearly there, I only need x and y now", and end up buying tons of other stuff I need :-D
How i understand you..!

:lol:
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

Looks nice, could have got away with one from Axminster for about half that price though :twisted:
brurobas

Post by brurobas »

caskwith wrote:Looks nice, could have got away with one from Axminster for about half that price though :twisted:
I know Chris but with the shipping and handling to Portugal beeing around €200...

:D
caskwith

Post by caskwith »

ooh ouch, I wasn't sure of your location so I didn't realise it would cost that much.

For anyone looking at this post in the UK, I can recommend the axminster own brand bandsaws, they are very well made and excellent value for money. I spent about £15 buying a few little extras to tune mine up and it performs very well indeed.