Horn reloaded

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Cantó

Horn reloaded

Post by Cantó »

This was my fifth pipe. I did it 3 months ago from a predrilled kit. It was the last pipe I did from a kit.

It came with his own stem and at that time I didn't modify any stem yet so that was the best I was able to do with that kit. It had two issues: it was not designed for a horn, but for a canadian or similar, but the grain was calling me and i decided to try to do a horn despite having to force a bit the curve to adapt it to the chamber direction. The other issue was the drilled parts of the kit. They were not well done and the draft hole is too elevated in the chamber, far from the bottom. Anyway it was just an exercise to learn, not a pipe to sell.

Doing my best with the material and knowledge that I had at that moment, that was what I was able to do. Not a very nice thing :oops:

A guy from a spanish pipe forum asked for buying the pipe and due to the problems I mentioned, I told to him that the pipe shouldn't be sold. He insisted and I decided to give it to him as a gift. But before sending it, I made some modifications on it the last week.
I did a new ebonite stem for it and sanded and stained it again.

It looks like this right now:

Hope you like it. Any comment or advice will be very welcome!
My pipe maker apprentice blog:

http://www.cantopipes.com
Blueb3

Re: Horn reloaded

Post by Blueb3 »

Yeah, the grain was begging for a horn! Looks great!