Ethnographic Survey!!!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
birba

Re: Ethnographic Survey!!!

Post by birba »

Gershom wrote:
birba wrote:congrats on your grade!

You state in your conclusion that most interviewed have no basis of life/no I idea how matter came about in the first place.

So, this means that a few have the answer to all this?

Forgive me for the confusion. Most did not have a basis for life or matter, but some put forth their beliefs of where it all came from. In other words, most did not trace matter back to an origin, and some did. This does not mean that they were correct, just that they did have some belief of origin.

Does that make sense?
Yep, cool. Thanks
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Gershom wrote:
SchmidtN wrote:OK, I just read the paper...

explain to me, how did I not win, again?
Mostly because you are a kings fan. :lol:

imma just leave this here...
(I was at that game, BTW)
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Massis

Post by Massis »

Gershom wrote:
Massis wrote:I was convinced I was a weirdo, but seeing my responses between the others in your paper, makes me feel uncomfortably normal...
Why would being like most people make you uncomfortable? :?:
Have you seen "most people"? I don't want to be like most people I see, mindless sheep in the flock.
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

SchmidtN wrote: imma just leave this here...
(I was at that game, BTW)
Go Penguins

When was the last time the Kings went all the way? Oh yeah... NEVER.

Jonathan
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

Massis wrote:
Gershom wrote:
Massis wrote:I was convinced I was a weirdo, but seeing my responses between the others in your paper, makes me feel uncomfortably normal...
Why would being like most people make you uncomfortable? :?:
Have you seen "most people"? I don't want to be like most people I see, mindless sheep in the flock.
I wonder how everyone else feels about this... :lol:

So, is being in the herd really that ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad?

Jon
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Gershom wrote:
Massis wrote:Have you seen "most people"? I don't want to be like most people I see, mindless sheep in the flock.
I wonder how everyone else feels about this... :lol:

So, is being in the herd really that ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad?

Jon
I agreed with Massis for a long time. My mind changed when I realized that practically every intelligent human believes that they have unique thoughts and feelings. If everyone has unique thoughts and feelings, is that a unique experience? How do we find others who agree with us or live like us if unique thoughts and feelings truly existed? Even some of the greatest inventions of our time, ala the light bulb, was thought up by several brilliant people all over the world around the same time (within a year) when our ability to share ideas was significantly more limited than it is now.

Separation is an illusion. Once I was willing to accept that we are all connected, sharing a similar human experience, it became much easier for me to understand other people's needs based simply on my interaction with them. Understanding through shared experience is powerful.

Humans are community animals. We seek out others who agree with us or live like us so we can share a common ground. Even those who would not identify themselves with the herd try to create a herd of their own. We need community.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
Massis

Post by Massis »

I agree that people need community. However for me personally it's not so much about seeking uniqueness, but about seeing the average level of human intelligence around me.
That's what causes me to be unable to identify with most others, thus wanting to be different.

I do off course have my own little herd of people who I feel are intelligent enough to be worth my time 8)
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

90% of people polled feel that the work harder and are more efficient at their jobs than those around them. They can't all be right!

Luckily, I am one of the more intelligent and harder working humans, so I can see these things with more clarity than the rest of you bozos.

And if you like, look up "circular argument" for proof.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Gershom wrote: When was the last time the Kings went all the way? Oh yeah... NEVER.
Ummm... 2012. They were the last team to win The Stanley Cup and are the defending champs. That's kind of why Kopi was skating The Cup in the picture I posted. So, the opposite of never.
Last edited by SchmidtN on Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

[quote="UberHuberMan]
Humans are community animals...We need community.[/quote]

YES!!! Good observation Ubester.

This is one of the things I am very big on.

Not just community, but authentic community.
Gershom

Post by Gershom »

SchmidtN wrote:
Gershom wrote: When was the last time the Kings went all the way? Oh yeah... NEVER.
Ummm... 2012. They were the last team to win The Stanley Cup and are the defending champs. That's kind of why Kopi was skating The Cup in the picture I posted. So, the opposite of never.

I actually did know they won last year. I have an inlaw who follows them closely. I don't personally follow hockey enough right now to keep up, but I do hope the Penguins and the Kings have a good year. I just remembered the pic you put up of the seats you got to the game. They were pretty sweet.