Bullmoose

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
phmann

Bullmoose

Post by phmann »

I won't lie, this got my juices flowing: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=7184

Obviously not going for an exact copy but I liked the style. I almost rusticated it but decided not to. Would you have?

"A good pipe guides the restless mind."

-Manny

http://mriverapipes.wordpress.com
N.Burnsworth

Re: Bullmoose

Post by N.Burnsworth »

Looks great! I would not have rusticated it, but I'm a sucker for grain.
Nicholas Burnsworth
Boulder & Briar
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

Is that John Candy water skiing behind a canoe?

No, I wouldn't have rusticated. Yes, that's a purdy dang nice pipe you made. Good job.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

you asked.. so yes I would have rusticated it simply due to the flaws.. although minor... thier big enough to take away from the grain in my opinion. I have one right now I'm working that has wonderful grain but too many little blemishes...so it will be rusticated.. grain aside

james
phmann

Post by phmann »

jogilli wrote:you asked.. so yes I would have rusticated it simply due to the flaws.. although minor... thier big enough to take away from the grain in my opinion. I have one right now I'm working that has wonderful grain but too many little blemishes...so it will be rusticated.. grain aside

james
I think if I had sandblasting equipment, I would've done that without question. I was 50 50 on this one and figured for the price I'm asking and the guys that buy my pipes, a few small blemishes wouldn't affect it's appeal too much. But, yes, I did ask...

-Manny

andrew

Post by andrew »

You might want to think about putting a small chamfer on the edge of the chamber. That fine edge will tend to singe easily.
phmann

Post by phmann »

andrew wrote:You might want to think about putting a small chamfer on the edge of the chamber. That fine edge will tend to singe easily.
Good idea

-Manny

AlfaDog

Post by AlfaDog »

andrew wrote:You might want to think about putting a small chamfer on the edge of the chamber. That fine edge will tend to singe easily.
What he said. Great suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. (Among a million other things. lol)