Posting Pictures

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
T. Pollock

Posting Pictures

Post by T. Pollock »

I made my first briar pipe today and would love to be able to post photos of it to get some feed back. I have tried posting my pics from Flickr.com but I only get an image icon that will not open the photo. Can someone please tell me if Flickr is the problem, or if another photo hosting site will work, or what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Tim
Vermont Freehand

Re: Posting Pictures

Post by Vermont Freehand »

while in the space to create your post, add the URL or web address of the image. Then click and highlight the web address. Leave it highlighted and then click on the 'Img' link above where you are writing.

For example, if I want to post a picture from http://imageshack.us/a/img266/8641/southbend.jpg
I simply highlight it and click Img, this will put infront and [/i mg] behind the address
(note - I added a space between 'i' and 'm' so it would be possible to explain it, when you do it, there will be no spaces)

then your picture will appear

make sure to click 'preview' to see how it works before posting

here is my picture when done as mentioned above;
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

you can also use the search tool on the forum to find most anything you would ever want to know. If you are still having trouble posting photos, go to the search box and search for something like 'posting photos'
T. Pollock

Post by T. Pollock »

Thank you very much! I'll give that a try.
Tim