Semois Pipe Tobacco: US Group Buy

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Massis

Re: Semois Pipe Tobacco: US Group Buy

Post by Massis »

ups and fedex are not an option, tthey charge around €150 per shipment vs only €30 with usps...

there were 7 boxes of bouchons in total, so we're one box short.

concerning taxes: I think pipe tobacco as an item will have to do, good tip about the picture though! Will definitely do that!
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Did he have the leaf onhand to roll them and just ran out of time? I would be willing to wait for my second box if he could roll them and then ship them to you in the next month or so. You could send them directly to me, I'll just send you the money for shipping. There is no way I will go through an entire box before he can get another ready (if he has the leaf ready to roll that is) and that way everyone else gets what they ordered now.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

I could ask him, but seeing he had load of cut tobacco everywhere, but no full leaves, Makes me think he's out of leaves for now...

He'll probably get more in soon, but take into account that your box of bouchons will cost you €50 for the box (which is already paid for in that case) + €32 shipping to the US + €8 shipping from him to me + taxes... so that's around $135 for abox of 20 bouchons...
Massis

Post by Massis »

and ps: I DO have 250 of tabacco instead of that box of bouchons, so if someone is willing to get 250gr of tobacco instead (and €40 out of his €50 euro back), it's solved aswel.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

I was looking forward to the bouchons, but I don't mind taking the normal cut instead.
Massis

Post by Massis »

There's a couple of guys/girls who've ordered 1+ box of bouchons. So let's hear from them first. I feel everyone should get a chance to try them, because they're something special...

For example: if Scottie & Huber both scale down half a box of bouchons, there'll be enough for everyone, and they get normal tobacco instead :-)
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

I'm still willing to wait for my second box and would go so far as to buy another box of the bouchons to make the shipping worth my while. So.....if he can make the one we were short and another box and send them to you I will have you send them directly to me when they are ready. Not really worried about the cost all-in-all. If you could send Vincent an email to see if that is doable and let me know what the total is I will transfer funds to you asap.
www.ladybriar.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

Suggestion: The bouchons are what scare me most concerning export regulations. Since most of the cigar order is yours, I would like to do the following:

Send out 2 boxes of tobacco and 1 box of bouchons + the last box of cigars (only david has 1 box of cigars, the rest are scottie's)

I'll then keep your (scottie) entire order at my place, until Vincent has time get 2 more boxes of bouchons to me, at which point I'll send your shipment to you in one piece?
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

That works for me and then I'm not holding everyone else up and everyone still gets what they ordered originally. I'm not really in a hurry......
www.ladybriar.com
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been out of touch. I started as the manager of a much busier store this week so I've been swamped cleaning up the messes that the last manager left, plus working with much more traffic than I'm used to.

So for the time being, we're receiving everyone's order in full except for Scottie, correct?
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

That's the plan. Massis is going to ship mine directly to me when the last box of bouchons is ready.
www.ladybriar.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

Sorry guys, I've been really bussy the last few days aswell.

So here's the plan:
A) this saturday I want to ship the first box containing 15x250g
B) somewhere mid next week I want to ship the second box containing the rest of the tobacco
C) next sat I'll ship the bouchons + cigars (only 1 case if I'm not mistaken)

This all excluding the stuff scottie ordered. I've mailed Manil to see if we can arrange for her bouchons to get here, so I can send all her cigars, tobacco and bouchons in one go directly to her address.

I'm sending them all several days apart to increase our chances of not being stopped by customs. I'm assuming that 3 boxes at the same time, all containing nearly $800 of tobacco will still raise an alarm.

The 250gr of tobacco I got as a compensation for the boxes of bouchons will then remain in my possession :-D

And just to confirm: his Delice de Corbion cigars really are amazing! I'm gonna have a hard time to save them instead of smoking them all now. But luckily I can just order new ones whenever I please :-D
Massis

Post by Massis »

I got word back from Vincent, the extra bouchons for scottie are ontheir way.

Because I'll be sending het shipment separately, the third box has dropped <2kgs making it 10€ cheaper to ship. I would like to use that extra cash to help pay for Scotties shipment which is an extra €32 now...Is everyone ok with that?

On a side note: Vincent wants to talk to me about paypal -yes i know, paypal hates tobacco- but that might indicate he plans on setting up international ordering himself!
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Massis wrote:I got word back from Vincent, the extra bouchons for scottie are ontheir way.

Because I'll be sending het shipment separately, the third box has dropped <2kgs making it 10€ cheaper to ship. I would like to use that extra cash to help pay for Scotties shipment which is an extra €32 now...Is everyone ok with that?
I'm totally cool with that.
Massis wrote:On a side note: Vincent wants to talk to me about paypal -yes i know, paypal hates tobacco- but that might indicate he plans on setting up international ordering himself!
Great news!

-Tyler Beard
Massis

Post by Massis »

Box 1 has left the building. Bouchons & David's cigars have been sent.

I did have to pay full price for shipping because the <2kg version did not include track & trace, insurance or any proof of sending, which I really wanted to include.

David: I'll pm you the track&trace code later today (it's in my wife's purse and she's not home at the moment :-p )
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Beautiful!

So here's my plan on this side of the pond:

Assuming everything goes smoothly and the boxes arrive unhindered, I'll wait until I've received them all so I can get everyone's order to them in a single go.

Sound good?

-Tyler Beard
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Works for me. Can't wait.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

I've prepared box 2 and 3 for shipment. We're very lucky, as max weight including packaging for each box is 5000grams. Both of them weigh in over 4950!

I'll try and get one out of the door tomorrow so I can send number 3 out this saturday.

Scottie: I'm still waiting for the bouchons from Vincent, honestly I think it'll be somewhere mid next week when they arrive. Your shipment will leave as soon as they arrive (and your echeck clears but that should happen somewhere this week)
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

No worries.....sounds great. Just let me know when you drop 'em in the mail.
www.ladybriar.com
Massis

Post by Massis »

Don't worry, you'll even get a Track & Trace code in pm ;-)