Semois Pipe Tobacco: US Group Buy

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Massis

Re: Semois Pipe Tobacco: US Group Buy

Post by Massis »

I'm glad it arrived scottie! Enjoy your treasure!

And though I only got a box of "delice de corbion", I'm sure you'll enjoy all of those cigars, they're amazing!

As for the rest of you: I sent out the last box 2 days after sending scottie's, so you should be getting your Semois real soon :-)
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Massis wrote:I'm glad it arrived scottie! Enjoy your treasure!

And though I only got a box of "delice de corbion", I'm sure you'll enjoy all of those cigars, they're amazing!

As for the rest of you: I sent out the last box 2 days after sending scottie's, so you should be getting your Semois real soon :-)
Can't wait. Let's have some more reviews!
Massis

Post by Massis »

Here's a review for ya: Vincent himself called the reporter from the NY crazy saying that his Semois is the best tobacco in the world :-P
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

We have over 10,000 cigars (not exagerating) in our humidor and my husband has claimed Vincent's to be "The Crown Jewel of my humidor". We have a lot of stuff that is rare and really hard to get in the cigar world and he likes Vincent's the best. He says the cigars are on the mild side, but have great flavor. And the Pablos we got are blooming!!! They are his favorite so far, but we'll see how some time in the humdor treats the rest of them.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Sweet lookin' shipment you got there, Scottie!

Here's the list of folks whose shipments will be going out today (in the order their addresses were received):

mredmond
Ocelot55
e Markle
staffwalker
the rev

You guys should be on the lookout for your package sometime this week. You'll all have PMs shortly with tracking info.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

UberHuberMan wrote:Sweet lookin' shipment you got there, Scottie!

Here's the list of folks whose shipments will be going out today (in the order their addresses were received):

mredmond
Ocelot55
e Markle
staffwalker
the rev

You guys should be on the lookout for your package sometime this week. You'll all have PMs shortly with tracking info.

Damn! I'm dying here!

Scottie, that's fantastic. I used to have about 5k myself, until I had a little issue with an elephant. Been giving them away to clients and friends since, and only have a few, very old boxes of Cubans left. Now, all pipe tobacco.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

If you wanna move a box of your Cubans I would love to buy them from you. My husbands birthday is in July and they would make a great gift....don't know where the hell he would put them......oh wait, there are already talks of a new humidor this year. That's okay though, just means I get to buy more tools :thumbsup:
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

wmolaw wrote: I used to have about 5k [cigars] myself, until I had a little issue with an elephant.
Why, of course. An elephant. What could be more common?

Unless it's trouble with giraffes. My neighbor is being driven mad by the damn things at all hours. My particular problem is giant anteaters and aardvarks. Broke several half gallon jars of Kendal Kentucky in my basement just last week.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Thats because you live at the zoo George.
www.ladybriar.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

scotties22 wrote:Thats because you live at the zoo George.
Hey. Everybody has to live somewhere, and the rent is cheap.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Throughout this process, I've been constantly teased by co-workers about shipping in body parts through the European black market. I wonder why. :lol:

Last edited by d.huber on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Tyler Beard
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Good news! Box #3 has arrived in the states!

Over the next few days, I'll be getting everything assembled and ready to ship. I'll likely ship a few per day just to keep things moving. Updates and whose packages have been shipped will be posted daily.

Not much longer, kids!

-Tyler Beard
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

The following orders have been boxed and have shipping labels on them. I'll do my best to ship them all tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a PM with your tracking info.

snapper
wdteipen
sam a
wmolaw
ajpl
wisemanpipes

-Tyler Beard
Massis

Post by Massis »

pfew, I'm happy everything arrived in one piece! Didn't take too long either at 9 days per box...

Just a heads up for the future: if anyone wants to order more Semois, I'm happy to help out, but I will be adding a small markup fee because there is quite a bit of work involved (packaging, customs forms, getting to the post office when it's open, ...). Keep in mind that shipping is rather expensive...
scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Totally understandable Nick. My Husband is already plotting the purchase of another humidor as ours is now full :lol: . As well as another, larger, order of cigars...he loves them so much he is afraid he will smoke them too fast and run out in six months :lol:
www.ladybriar.com
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

Makes sense to me. Thanks for all of your help in making this group buy happen. Without you, we'd all still be wishing we had some way to buy Semois. ;)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

-Tyler Beard
Massis

Post by Massis »

Hey, for this group buy you guys alot paid more then I'd expect as a markup fee!
Heck, I've got a years worth of Semois Supply (I ordered half a box of bouchons, 1 box of cigars and 3x100g of tobacco)
Even without that I'd have been happy to promote Vincent's products and help out fellow pipe smokers!
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

scotties22 wrote:If you wanna move a box of your Cubans I would love to buy them from you. My husbands birthday is in July and they would make a great gift....don't know where the hell he would put them......oh wait, there are already talks of a new humidor this year. That's okay though, just means I get to buy more tools :thumbsup:
Ah, the old quid pro quo! I only have about fifteen left (haven't counted in awhile), and so will be keeping them, sorry.
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

UberHuberMan wrote:The following orders have been boxed and have shipping labels on them. I'll do my best to ship them all tomorrow. Be on the lookout for a PM with your tracking info.

snapper
wdteipen
sam a
wmolaw
ajpl
wisemanpipes
YEAh! Damn, I am really looking forward to this!
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

Massis wrote:Hey, for this group buy you guys alot paid more then I'd expect as a markup fee!
Heck, I've got a years worth of Semois Supply (I ordered half a box of bouchons, 1 box of cigars and 3x100g of tobacco)
Even without that I'd have been happy to promote Vincent's products and help out fellow pipe smokers!
Well, if you feel guilty, just get my address and forward those bouchons to me.