Vacuum + Microclene Air Filters

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
jmoss

Vacuum + Microclene Air Filters

Post by jmoss »

Hi to everyone,
as a new pipemaker the problem of dust, especially the one you can not see, gave me serious thoughts.
I decided to put in my workshop a combination of a vacuum that will be placed under the sand disk, a Microclene Mc 420 Ambient Air Filters, and use a cheap face mask of course. The problem is that my space is 7 sq m so i can't put a dust collector. The vacuum i want to buy is a karcher A 2534 pt with 220 mbar , 1600 watt, airflow 75 l/s. So my question is if the vacuum will do the job hooked up under the sand disk or will I buy another useless tool? If yes, i suppose that the combination of the air filter and the vacuum will have a satisfying result.
Thank you for this forum , it doesn't makes me feel alone on this pipe planet.
Massis

Re: Vacuum + Microclene Air Filters

Post by Massis »

wouldn't it be cheaper, less noisy and more efficient to buy a decent full face mask?

Something like a 3M 6000 series, which also adds some protection for your eyes in case you fling some wood across the shop...
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Massis wrote:wouldn't it be cheaper, less noisy and more efficient to buy a decent full face mask?

Something like a 3M 6000 series, which also adds some protection for your eyes in case you fling some wood across the shop...

I ll buy a good mask, you gave me some ideas here but without eye protection. For eye protection i wear a pair of glasses that suit me.
But for the other tools does anyone have an opinion?
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

jmoss wrote:
Massis wrote:wouldn't it be cheaper, less noisy and more efficient to buy a decent full face mask?

I ll buy a good mask, you gave me some ideas here but without eye protection. For eye protection i wear a pair of glasses that suit me.
But for the other tools does anyone have an opinion?
The space is limited and in the room there is a lot of dust.
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Any other opinions please!Thank you! :whisper:
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Better than nothing. I use a vacuum attached to some tools - the belt sander and the band saw, and it works good. I like Shop-Vac's bag and pleated filter setup on the industrial vacs. I can't comment on what you are buying.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Thank you very much :) .
jmoss

Post by jmoss »

Sasquatch wrote:Better than nothing. I use a vacuum attached to some tools - the belt sander and the band saw, and it works good. I like Shop-Vac's bag and pleated filter setup on the industrial vacs. I can't comment on what you are buying.
Do you know if 220 mlbar would be enough ? :?: How much mlbar is your vacuum (it would be helpful knowing )? Thank you