Midi lathe question

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Midi lathe question

Post by Nick »

Those of you who use a small late, do you have your lathe bolted down to somthing heavy? How heavy is enough? I've mad a bench and have about 200 lbs of sand to through on the bottom shelf. Will that be enough?
jthpipes

Post by jthpipes »

I have mine bolted down to my workbench which is attached to the wall. Its pretty sturdy but would like to make stronger bench dedicated to the lathe because I still seem to get some vibration when running it. It works good enough for now. the only way to know how much it will vibrate would be to turn that sucker on and see.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehehehehe. I wonder if my wife will let me bolt the lathe to the hood of her new Durango?

Nick: "Honey, i was doing some work on your car and..."

Wife: "You did whhaaaaaahhhh!!!!" BLAMBLAMBLAM

Priest: "Nick was a fine man, and he'll be missed. Ashes to ashes dust to dust..."

Hmmmm, sounds like a bad idea. Although, bolting the bench to a wall sounds doable! I've got thee nice solid cindeblock walls I can work with and a buch of tapcon screws. Heck, I've got a remington nailer too. I could put one side into the wall and the other into the floor! Put it into a corner and I've got that too!

Too cool!

Of course, moving the table if I ever decide to rearange might be a problem. But hey! Thats my space right? Heck ya!
jeff

Post by jeff »

Nick,

Are you a youth minister?

JG
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hehee. Nope I'm about as far as you can get from any type of minister and still be called moral. Why do you ask?
jeff

Post by jeff »

Just wondering :wink: