Just to get it on the record...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
LatakiaLover

Just to get it on the record...

Post by LatakiaLover »

Ernie and I talked earlier this evening, and has always been the case in my experience, the brittle board exchange we had a few days ago in another thread was exactly what we both figured it was---stand-alone written words that had little resemblance to what we actually meant. The Internet strikes again. Without accompanying vocal inflection and body language, written words are "heard" in your head in a voice your brain supplies, and passion does the rest. And the two of us are nothing if not passionate. About exactly he same things, in fact.

So don't worry about us. We get along fine.

The rest of the hour-long call was spent talking about a variety of other cool PipeWorld stuff. Just so you know, the man has some damn good ideas about ways to permanently add to the slowly growing repository of online information for new and upcoming carvers. Stay tuned.

And finally, no, contrary to the confusion Sas has been deliberately sowing around here, Ernie does not have a German accent. Or any German connection at all, for that matter. (I think Sas was one of those kids his teachers called a "precocious child.")
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
jogilli
Site Supporter

Re: Just to get it on the record...

Post by jogilli »

Nice post... But I can put on a good German accent when I want....have German connections... And actually know some Germans... I'm actually headed back home to Germany tomorrow...

BTW great dialog on the aforementioned post

Sank you werry much

James.... Or should I just write Hans

:D
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I know James was a collaborator!

For the record, I never said Ernie had a German accent. He should, he's as Aryan as a lynching and half as tolerant.*

Also for the record, there was a quiet period on this board, where we didn't have any totally crazy assholes stirring up shit, and Ernie and I couldn't stand another moment of it. So we swore an oath. An oath everlasting, transcending borders and time. We swore to hate one another. We swore to flame each other's work, ideas, lifestyle, fashion sense.... all of it. Forever. A formal vendetta.

It is therefore my job, nay, my duty, to argue against whatever Ernie writes, to insult him while doing so, and to continue on this course for as long as we both live. It's like being married, but there's no sex, so... it's like being married. Ernie likens my pipes to Winnebagos, I reckon the homoeroticism of his work goes with his silk shirts and trips to Thailand, it's all good.

Anyway, Ernie, if you read this, I meant what I said about you being a retarded lump of monkey dung in that PM, but I meant it in a nice way, because, after all, we're friends.

*also complete bullshit but that's the point
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

Ernie and I talked earlier this evening
So don't worry about us. We get along fine.
Thank God!!!

that would have been a blood battle between Ernie's heavily armed backup (Tyler, Sas et al) and George's ferocious shop cat. :lol:

I couldn't sleep thinking about how many innocent pipes would get damaged in their wake :twisted:
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Sasquatch wrote:I know James was a collaborator!

For the record, I never said Ernie had a German accent. He should, he's as Aryan as a lynching and half as tolerant.*

Also for the record, there was a quiet period on this board, where we didn't have any totally crazy assholes stirring up shit, and Ernie and I couldn't stand another moment of it. So we swore an oath. An oath everlasting, transcending borders and time. We swore to hate one another. We swore to flame each other's work, ideas, lifestyle, fashion sense.... all of it. Forever. A formal vendetta.

It is therefore my job, nay, my duty, to argue against whatever Ernie writes, to insult him while doing so, and to continue on this course for as long as we both live. It's like being married, but there's no sex, so... it's like being married. Ernie likens my pipes to Winnebagos, I reckon the homoeroticism of his work goes with his silk shirts and trips to Thailand, it's all good.

Anyway, Ernie, if you read this, I meant what I said about you being a retarded lump of monkey dung in that PM, but I meant it in a nice way, because, after all, we're friends.

*also complete bullshit but that's the point
In other words, you two are the only guys on the forum with philosophy degrees.
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Wow. Yeah, it probably boils down to that. :?
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Sasquatch wrote:

It's all true, we just do blood feuds with style.
Sasquatch wrote: He should, he's as Aryan as a lynching and half as tolerant. [...]

I'm pretty sure that's the most insulting post ever written about me. It's dazzling in its sheer breadth.
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Ernie!? German!?

Please. His full name is Ernesto Guadalajara De Pequin Augusto Del Montovani Markle. His title is Generalissimo. Does that sound at all German to you guys? Didn't think so.

Just because he has blondish hair and stunning blue eyes doesn't make him German.

Hope this helps.

Rad
Alden

Post by Alden »

RadDavis wrote:Ernie!? German!?

Please. His full name is Ernesto Guadalajara De Pequin Augusto Del Montovani Markle. His title is Generalissimo. Does that sound at all German to you guys? Didn't think so.

Just because he has blondish hair and stunning blue eyes doesn't make him German.

Hope this helps.

Rad
If I recall correctly though, a lot of Nazis ended up in South America after the war. Coincidence ?
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I'm not sayin'.... I'm just sayin.
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

LatakiaLover wrote: So don't worry about us. We get along fine.
Last edited by e Markle on Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

e Markle wrote:
LatakiaLover wrote: So don't worry about us. We get along fine.
It's true! I enjoyed our talk, and while we're not moving in together, I'd say we're buddies. I look forward to connecting again.
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

.And I thought this was banter.Georges' poor cat .I bet he's a sweet little fellow, like George. :)
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Also to get it on the record, since Mr. Yeti, Smoking type, The, (one ea.) wondered if posting my phone number was an invitation to MFers other than Ernie, the answer is sure, why not. Being able to put voices with names is always fun, and live conversation has a different flow than exchanging PMs, posts, or emails.

Be warned I keep seriously late hours, though. Usually sleep from around 4 am to 11 or so. Also, shop tasks often can't be dropped/stopped fast enough to answer a phone, so you might have to leave a message.

816 605 1341
Ocyd

Post by Ocyd »

LatakiaLover wrote:Also to get it on the record, since Mr. Yeti, Smoking type, The, (one ea.) wondered if posting my phone number was an invitation to MFers other than Ernie, the answer is sure, why not. Being able to put voices with names is always fun, and live conversation has a different flow than exchanging PMs, posts, or emails.

Be warned I keep seriously late hours, though. Usually sleep from around 4 am to 11 or so. Also, shop tasks often can't be dropped/stopped fast enough to answer a phone, so you might have to leave a message.

816 605 1341
copied and saved in multiple locations

3am "Uhm....Sooo...What are you wearing?"
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

You stole my question! :cry:
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

Ocyd wrote:
3am "Uhm....Sooo...What are you wearing?"
http://i.imgur.com/4qpGy.gif
Ocyd

Post by Ocyd »

I have other variations of the question but they go well beyond the realm of poor taste :lol: