Pipes to troops

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
lancefisher51

Pipes to troops

Post by lancefisher51 »

Ok guys. I have the address of the unit currently in Afghanistan. Lets get this up an running. I will pay for postage to ship pipes over seas an through customs. Not sure if you guys all wanna make an deadline date for everyone to make new pipes or what you all thought about donating some shop pipes. We need about 30 pipes. Let me know thoughts...

Lance
Using Tapatalk
Sasquatch

Re: Pipes to troops

Post by Sasquatch »

Lance I suspect a bunch of guys would be up for this, but you're so new here that possibly people are a little hesititant to send things c/o basically a total stranger.

I think you're on the level, but there are people who would use this as a way to get themselves 30 pipes. I'm not going to name names here but the pipe community has seen this before, from an ex-military guy even.

:?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
andrew

Post by andrew »

Lance, PM the address to Kurt or Tyler. That would help.

andrew
lancefisher51

Post by lancefisher51 »

Ah gotcha. Well maybe someone else can help orchestrate it. I dont mind helping in anyway. But completely understand... maybe someone who has everyone's trust could recieve all the pipes....

Lance
Using Tapatalk
lancefisher51

Post by lancefisher51 »

Sas maybe you wanna collect the pipes ? I can give you units address to send package to an I can send you some money to help with shipping. Either way lemme know. Its deff something I would like to do.

Lance
Using Tapatalk
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Makes no sense for me to do it because I'm across an international border. One of the 'Murkhans would make more sense.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

Sasquatch wrote:Makes no sense for me to do it because I'm across an international border. One of the 'Murkhans would make more sense.
plus, hes lazy :)
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Sasquatch wrote:Makes no sense for me to do it because I'm across an international border. One of the 'Murkhans would make more sense.
That's probably true. How ever here in murica we consider canada as a fancy hat. Your awesomeness compliments ours nicely.

Sent from my banana phone.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I send pipes and cigars to APO/FPO all the time. A heck of a lot of them as donations. I can handle the collecting and re-shipping with no problem.

I only ask one thing - if you're going to donate, don't donate random shit you don't know what to do with and want to get rid of. Donate good stuff - stuff you would actually keep and use. Our guys don't deserve castoffs, they deserve good stuff they can use and that will last. Also, please include a pipe sock - fabric, please.

For coordination purposes, I'm going to set a date for arrival of donations to 2014.03.29. The box headed overseas will exfil here on 2014.04.01.

If you can't find my mailing address, send me a PM.

Lance, PM me the overseas address when you get a chance.

--K
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
LatakiaLover

Post by LatakiaLover »

You actually had me believing all that until this part:
KurtHuhn wrote: 2014.04.01.
UFOs must be real. There's no other explanation for cats.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

LOL!!! :lol:

But no, really. That was just a convenient date sufficiently close, but with plenty of warning. We can make it 2014.04.02 if that makes it more believable. :D
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
notow1

Post by notow1 »

KurtHuhn wrote:I send pipes and cigars to APO/FPO all the time. A heck of a lot of them as donations. I can handle the collecting and re-shipping with no problem.

I only ask one thing - if you're going to donate, don't donate random shit you don't know what to do with and want to get rid of. Donate good stuff - stuff you would actually keep and use. Our guys don't deserve castoffs, they deserve good stuff they can use and that will last. Also, please include a pipe sock - fabric, please.

For coordination purposes, I'm going to set a date for arrival of donations to 2014.03.29. The box headed overseas will exfil here on 2014.04.01.

If you can't find my mailing address, send me a PM.Kurt,

Lance, PM me the overseas address when you get a chance.

--K
Kurt, I am donating through another person. The pipes I am sending are some of My first efforts that are drilled well but Might be lacking in shaping. I am confident they are all good smokers because I am smoking earlier efforts that smoke well but are really ugly. Do You think this would be acceptable? I would guess if I were to sell them they would be in the $30-$40 range. I am also placing each pipe in a micromesh sunglass bag that can be bought very low priced on Amazon and will fit a 6"-7" pipe. Thanks, Norm. sorry I messed up this post
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

any interest in including some pipe kits? I'd love to send some along
DrewEstateSam

Post by DrewEstateSam »

Do you guys have anyone specific you're sending pipes to? Drew Estate works with an organization called cigars for warriors, they send care packages to troops on combat zones. If you guys do not have anyone specific you send to I can reach out to their board to see if there has been any pipe or pipe tobacco requests. The troops are very happy with almost everything they recieve, so I think "shop" pipes or first decent attempts would be more than well recieved. That organization could also handle shipping I am guessing. Also steve, I think kits would go over huge, according to my cousin johnny who is an army MP who has 2 tours under his belt, there is a lot of downtime with nothing to do.
E.L.Cooley

Post by E.L.Cooley »

Vermont Freehand wrote:any interest in including some pipe kits? I'd love to send some along
Steve, I would be willing to cover your cost on a few kits to send as I don't have any pipes to share. If you're ok with that?

Sent from my banana phone.
lancefisher51

Post by lancefisher51 »

DrewEstateSam wrote:Do you guys have anyone specific you're sending pipes to? Drew Estate works with an organization called cigars for warriors, they send care packages to troops on combat zones. If you guys do not have anyone specific you send to I can reach out to their board to see if there has been any pipe or pipe tobacco requests. The troops are very happy with almost everything they recieve, so I think "shop" pipes or first decent attempts would be more than well recieved. That organization could also handle shipping I am guessing. Also steve, I think kits would go over huge, according to my cousin johnny who is an army MP who has 2 tours under his belt, there is a lot of downtime with nothing to do.
I can get a hold of some of my Marine Corps buddies an see if I know anyone deployed right now. I deff have address to entire units if we please. But I think reaching out to that board is a great idea. And as someone who has more time in afghanistan than most have on call of duty carving block kits is an awesome idea... I was with a maintenance plt for s little bit and I knos for sure they would love that!

Lance
Using Tapatalk
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

Steve if you want to send a few kits to me I'l turn them into pipes and pay for the kits.
Vermont Freehand

Post by Vermont Freehand »

some good response here!!
I'll gladly send 4 kits to Kurt
wisemanpipes

Post by wisemanpipes »

pipedreamer wrote:Steve if you want to send a few kits to me I'l turn them into pipes and pay for the kits.
whats the fun in that ;) the soldier needs something to do
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

I shot folks and smoked my pipe when not.Things have changed again. :roll: That would be a good Idea.I'll still pay for the kits. :lol: