Silver Castle???

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
W.Pastuch

Silver Castle???

Post by W.Pastuch »

Hey guys and Scottie, what's the deal with Silver Castle pipes?
Their Taobao (Chinese ebay) website says they are made by two guys in Canada, who were guided by Todd Johnson. Is that even true? I read somewhere that they're made in Honk Kong, does anyone really know who makes them and where?
It all seems very strange because the pipes are sold on Ebay by the same piece of sh*t who sells all the fake Castellos, Eltangs, Beckers and Nordhs, so I'm not sure the story of the brand provided by the seller is to be trusted...
kamkiel

Re: Silver Castle???

Post by kamkiel »

I don't know either. All I know is that they are all over taobao. They are labelled as imported pipes and there are tons of them. Some shops sell as high as around $450 and I have seen them as low as $30. The lower priced ones are seconds called "Golden Age." I almost bought one last year, but I read the reviews from other people (who bought the discount priced Golden Age) who complained of bubbling on the outside of the pipe while smoking.

Most of the shops that sell them also sell Huge Stone and HS Studio pipes. I am not certain, but these may have some sort of connection with Neptune pipes when they were beening made in China. I am beginning to think they are all made in the same factory and stamped with different names.

Like you, I have no information about the pipes. What I wrote in the second paragraph is based on nothing but a hunch and shouldn't be taken as fact.

Sorry I can't help
Kiel
kamkiel

Post by kamkiel »

the only reason i said "all made in the same factory" is because of this

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail

the silver castle

and

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a23 ... s=1#detail

the Neptune pipe.

I think they look quite similar
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Hey, Canadian labor is cheap but not cheap enough to export to China.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
pipedreamer

Post by pipedreamer »

This is a no brainer. Choice 2, the plot thickens.
W.Pastuch

Post by W.Pastuch »

Thanks guys. So it seems it's a quite enigmatic brand... I think Todd Johnson would know more, but he's doesn't stop by here anymore I think.
pipedreamer wrote:This is a no brainer. Choice 2, the plot thickens.
What? :lol: