A Pleasure to Meet Everyone

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ToddJohnson

A Pleasure to Meet Everyone

Post by ToddJohnson »

Hey Folks,

For those of you who were in Chicago, I just wanted to say it was a pleasure to meet many of you--if only briefly. I'm sorry we didn't get to discuss pipes and pipemaking more, but Chicago is mostly a business trip for me. I look forward to sitting down with you guys at some point in the future and "talking shop." Keep up the great work.

Todd
BDP

Post by BDP »

Todd,

Really liked your stuff immensely. The gas tank just left me speechless. You and Jody cooked up a killer on that one. Thanks for the info and all the tidbits that came out in casual conversation, as well as the overall critique of my pipes.
Congrats on taking the diploma and moving forward with pipes. I know that your plans to move down south once again will bring you & your family much happiness and peace of mind. I will never regret my move to Oregon. It was a pleasure to come home to this valley.

Regards,
Brad
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

It was great to meet all of you guys.

Todd's, work is as incredible as I had expected. Truly world class. I almost fainted when I knocked over that little bamboo sitter on his table :roll: Hopefully, sometime we can get the chance to speak at length when there is less business type stuff to be done.

It is a shame that not more people have seen Brad's work because his pipes are as good as they come. Juat ask Tom Eltang eh? :thumb:

Jeff, thanks for sharing the table with me and as I have told you before, you do killer work.

I also wish I could have gotten a chance to speak to Neil and check out his bags. Are you going to be in Columbus or Milwaukee?

All in all it was a good chance for me to see what is out there and to evaluate what I need to do to set my bar a little higher. I really got a lot of information and have come up with a clear direction in which to aim my work. That and I even sold a few pipes :)
munkey

Post by munkey »

It was a pleasure to meet those of you I had a chance to spend some time with at the show. I look forward to future oportunities to talk shop with the members of this site.

Chicago was my first pipe show and blew me away. I was incredibly inspired and my perception of what makes a beautiful pipe was forever altered while viewing incredible peices at the show. Many of the members of this board had pipes that fell into this category, nice work gentelmen and thanks for your part in my inspiration.

I'm already looking forward to next year and hope to see you all then, if not sooner.

-Scott
sagiter

Post by sagiter »

I'll be in Columbus and Richmond.

Neil
Neil Flancbaum
www.smokinholsters.com
Home of the Ultimate Pipe Bag
sagiter

Post by sagiter »

Neil
Neil Flancbaum
www.smokinholsters.com
Home of the Ultimate Pipe Bag
magruder

Post by magruder »

sagiter wrote:
Thanx for the warning Neil. :angel:
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

Yes, It was great meeting you all at the Chicago show and I had a blast.

I was very impressed with the type of pipes you all had to show and it made me realize where I needed to improve.

Oh and Todd I have to agree with the other gentlemen, that gas tank and the pipes were killer

John, thanks for letting me show some of my pipes in your room with the other guys, I really appreciated that.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all next year at the show and hopefully
some of you who couldn't make it this year.

Jaden
Nick

Post by Nick »

Hey Brad, you have a website?
ArtGuy

Post by ArtGuy »

Jaden! How could I forget to mention ya bra' (is that how you spell it :think: ) We should think about sharing a room next year.

It was great to see ya again and your pipes looked great.

Steve, if you get a chance take a pic of that tokutomi blowfish you bought. I just want to drool over it a while (that is much more grotesque in type that it sounded in my head :? )
magruder

Post by magruder »

Here ya go John:
Nick

Post by Nick »

Ohhh my! That is gorgeous!