Boneheaded things you do...

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Nick

Boneheaded things you do...

Post by Nick »

OK, so I'm a dolt. I was having a nice afternoon with my little boy. he was playing in the sand box and I was sitting next to him, a book in my hand and pipe in my mouth. Well this elysian atmosphere was disturbed by the phone. My loving wife was calling to say hi, and to suggest I wash my car. I grumble a bit, but the car needed it and it was a warm day. So, little buddy boy and I commence to washing. I pointedly instruct my boy not to hose down daddy, and he says OK. So there we are, washing away, I'm puffing contentidly, thinking how clever I am to be able to do this and smoke my pipe too. Suddenly, disaster struck. To be honest, i don't even remember what it was. My son did somthing he shouldn't have. I responded with the obligatory parental "NO!" Pipe falls, clanks on the hood and slides down, splooshing into a nice bg suddsy bucket of water.

What the hell was I thinking?? Smoke a pipe and wash a car? Come on Nick! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see this is a recipe for disaster. The pipe was only submerged a second or two, but i imagine a week or two of drying time will be necessary. At least i had the forsight to be smoking a "shop pipe." Man, I am such a bonehead.
JMB

Post by JMB »

My kind of guy's. I would go camping with y'all any time. But I build the "camp fire" OK. :lol:
magruder

Post by magruder »

My favorite dumb stunt is to roll the window down in the car with a freshly lit, new bowl of tobacco - you know - so lots of red hot tobacco is on the very top of the bowl.
A gust of wind covers me in burning ash that I cannot give proper attention to because I'll wreck the car. Mirco fiber pants end up looking like a colander.
I need a Nomex poncho.
Regards,
Steve

PS to Tyler: We missed you in Richmond. Hope all is well w/you :thumb: