Buffing accessory aid

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
jeff

Buffing accessory aid

Post by jeff »

Hey all,

Sorry, I've been largely absent lately. School has just begun and I'm trying to get the new shop in order while making pipes concurrently. I need to enlist the help of those of you with good internet skills and/or tool knowledge. Some time ago, I ran across a ball-bearing based part used in buffing. I need it. Essentially, it is a rod/axle that has two mounted pillow blocks (I think), 2 arbors for buffing mounts on the ends, and a wheel/pulley in the center to be attached to a motor by a belt. All I remember is that I saw it in the Enco or McMaster catalog, that it cost around $35, and that it had a strange, jargony name. I would appreciate any help that you might have to offer.

All the best,

Jeff
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Jeff,
Woodcraft has this;
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=894

You can mount buffs or whatever on the threaded ends but it doesn't include the arbors.
jeff

Post by jeff »

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the help. Off to make a buffing & sanding table.

Best,

Jeff
NvilleDave

Post by NvilleDave »

Glad I could help--hey, if you get a chance, I would love to see pictures of whatever kind of sanding station you come up with. I'm always on the hunt for other people's ideas to steal, err I mean admire... :wink:

Dave
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

There are some good ones here too: http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx ... 3072,45939

Mine have lasted a year an a half heavy use.
Stephen Downie
www.downiepipes.com