Some new pipes

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Some new pipes

Post by KurtHuhn »

If I could only find the time to update my website, I'd have posted these a few days ago. I still have to make the pages for them, but at least the images are up:

A size large egg with elephant ivory on the shank.

The next two are for a customer. The only request was my interpretation of a Savinelli 101 with a blasted finish. The customer gets first pick:

Here's a nice chunky author that sort of flowed from minds eye into briar. This one went together so well I was expecting something catastrophic right up until the last minute:

This brandy turned out really nice, with a light contrast stain and a 3-knuckle bamboo shank.

This last one was an adventure. I tried several new things on it, and learned a ton. It's got a bamboo shank with a slight bend in it, and ivory rings instead of vulcanite on either end. I went back and forth for days trying to decide wether I wanted to bend the stem slightly or not, and I still don't know. The pictures don't do it justice, for a symetrical pipes, there's a lot of movement in it, and the straight stem seems much more appropriate in person.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
marks

Post by marks »

Lookin good Kurt.
sethile

Post by sethile »

Great looking pipes Kurt!

I like them all, but I think the egg at the top is my favorite. Some very decent ring grain and a beautiful shape. I like the natural blast finish, and the Ivory sets it off really well.

I gather you guys all start pulling out the stops to ramp up for Chicago about this time? Man I'd love to go and see all these pipes where I can touch them, but it's bad weekend for me this time :boohoo:.

Maybe next year...
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
HOOK

Post by HOOK »

Hallo friends,

I would lika to show you one of my pipes.

http://www.pipemakersforum.com/modules. ... _photo.php

Have a nice day....
josh_ford

Post by josh_ford »

beautiful work, Kurt. You're sandblasting is great. It really seems to fit the pipes. Hey with it being the easter season and all, wouldn't it be great to just give away pipes to members of this forum who are graduating college students? Just an idea. :wink:

Josh
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Hah! Nice try Josh. :D
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
mahaffy

Post by mahaffy »

I think it's just the pipe, but maybe I still have delusions; that author looks . . . solid and substantial, and I love it. Very prettywork all 'round.
PapaDuke

Post by PapaDuke »

Love them ALL
I am humbled by your work!