A great pipe smoking experience

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
achduliebe

A great pipe smoking experience

Post by achduliebe »

I was fortunate enough to have a really great pipe smoking experience this past Monday. I was on my way back from a business trip to Philadelphia when I stopped in to tour the Spotsylvania and Chancellorsville battefields in VA. We actually stopped at Bloody Angle and walked the battefield. With the slightly overcast sky and a chilly breeze, it was a perfect place to fire up my Kurt Huhn PITH pipe. A great little rusticated bamboo. Loaded it with some Chartwells, WOW what an experience. Kind of emotional given the history and walking the grounds and imagining what took place there in 1864.

Just an added fact, at the exhibition area at the start of the driving tour there were some old pictures. One of those pictures was taken at Massaponax Church and it was a picture of Grant and Meade and some of there Union soldiers sitting around. I think I counted about 7 of those soldiers smoking pipes. It was a pretty cool experience for me. Might sound kind of silly for some, but very touching for me.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

Sounds like you had a good time. It would have been just as easy to drive by a place like that and never stop and think twice about it. A pipe makes you take the time to think about things. 8)
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I love stories like that, Bryan. And the fact that you were puffing on a pipe I made makes it even more wonderful for me. :thumb:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Kurt, I love that pipe and I had been carrying that pipe with me the entire trip just waiting for the perfect moment to fire it up. It could not have been a better time, place or state of mind for me.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com