latest work

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Tyler
Site Supporter

latest work

Post by Tyler »

OK, so its not totally on topic, but hey, that is briar you see on the handle and for the reel seat! And there ARE pipes in the pic, not to mention my bag from Neil.

This photo is the handle and reel seat of a Dan Craft 9' 5wt. fly rod that I built.

For a few more pics of the rod, go HERE

Tyler
flix

Post by flix »

Tyler,

Fancy-shmansy! Nice work!

--Michael
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Very nice work, Tyler!! :thumb:

Rad
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Tyler......

Theres something i dont get...from the pictures i cant tell where you stuff the tobacco ??behind the metal cap?? sure is the coolest churcwarden i ever saw...

1Love!!!
geigerpipes.com
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

geigerpipes wrote:Tyler......

Theres something i dont get...from the pictures i cant tell where you stuff the tobacco ??behind the metal cap?? sure is the coolest churcwarden i ever saw...

1Love!!!
geigerpipes.com
Love,

It is a two-piece pipe.

You see that part in the background with the stem? That piece has a place for tobacco, and the stem goes in your mouth. The striped piece in the foreground is a handle with a LONG rod attached. You load the former piece with tobacco and get it lit. Then you take the latter piece, go stand in water up to your knees, and waive it around. It adds to the whole gee-I-look-sophisticated-since-I-smoke-a-pipe thing (which is so very important).

Clear?

:D :thumb: :D

Tyler
Last edited by Tyler on Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Tyler,

Nice work on the fly rod, but I must say (and I think I have stated this to you before) the pipe with the purple heart extension is my all-time favorite pipe. I mean my all time favorite of any pipe by anybody.

I love that pipe.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Bryan,

Wow. Thanks for the compliment on the pipe. I don't think you've ever mentioned that to me because I would have remembered a comment like that! Shucks, if it wasn't my best smoker I'd just send it to you! :wink: All I have ever smoked in it is Bohemian Scandal. It is a perfect combination.

Tyler
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Tyler,

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you've posted to the wrong forum. This one is for posting pipe related pics! For custom fishing rods, please use this:

http://www.rodbuilding.org/list.php?2

Geez, some people think they started this forum and can post anything they want!!! :roll:

JUST JOKING! :P

Nice looking grip and reel seat! Very ambitious for your first one! Plans for any more?? One word of warning, if you are standing up to your knees in water, don't drop that pipe when a big fish hits! Water/Pipe, not a good combo! Makes a mess out of the pipe!

David
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Way ahead of you!

Rod Builders

:thumb:
Nick

Post by Nick »

And here I was thinking Tyler had made a 9 foot tamper!
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Tyler,

That does sound like a nice combination.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
bscofield

Post by bscofield »

Tyler wrote:Bryan,

Wow. Thanks for the compliment on the pipe. I don't think you've ever mentioned that to me because I would have remembered a comment like that! Shucks, if it wasn't my best smoker I'd just send it to you!
Tyler
Uh... Tyler, ya know that other pipe you made? That's MY all time favorite that anyone has ever made...

ahem...
29 colonial crest dr.
Apt. G.
Lancaster, PA 17601

8) :thumb:
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

bscofield wrote:
Tyler wrote:Bryan,

Wow. Thanks for the compliment on the pipe. I don't think you've ever mentioned that to me because I would have remembered a comment like that! Shucks, if it wasn't my best smoker I'd just send it to you!
Tyler
Uh... Tyler, ya know that other pipe you made? That's MY all time favorite that anyone has ever made...

ahem...
29 colonial crest dr.
Apt. G.
Lancaster, PA 17601

8) :thumb:
Liar, Liar, pants on fire! :naughty:
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

I like em all! I don't care which one you send! I'll even pay shipping!
:lol:
David
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

bvartist wrote:I like em all! I don't care which one you send! I'll even pay shipping!
:lol:
David
It's the handling fee that will get you!

8)
JSPipes

Post by JSPipes »

Tyler, that looks pretty good! Enjoy it.
sethile

Post by sethile »

That's a great shot of beautiful work, pipes and rod both! Gosh, pipemakers are cool people! Between Tinksy's article in P&T, reading something about Rad's summer activities, and now this from Tyler... gosh guys, I'm impressed!

You think my pipes are rough? You ought to see me thrash the water. Just got back from WY last week. One morning we're on a perfect stream that's seldom fished. We're the only people within 15 miles of this spot, and likely have been for a very long while judging from the access. Problem is it's been so dry out there the water was cyrstal clear. My cast is so sloppy, and nearly always too short. Sure spooked a lot of beautiful trout! One of my companions caught 21 between 14 and 20 inches in two hours by staying well down stream of me.... I did manage to get a couple of great strikes, but missed them both :cry:

Tyler, I really love that pipe with the purpleheart insert too. Fantastic! What are you going to smoke in it after your Bohemian Scandal runs out? I'm in the same boat with a couple of blends. The loss of that Syrian Latikia GLP and others were using was a huge tragedy. I just bought a tin of McClellands Syrian series Super Balkan. I'll crack that open next week when my son comes in for a visit. I'm hopefull, but it's tough to replace a favorite blend that's gone for good except what might be had on eBay at prices I can't even consider.... 8O
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
bluesmk

Post by bluesmk »

Nice rod Tyler! LOL enjoy, good to hear from you!
Dan
Gabrieli Pipes
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

sethile wrote:Tyler, I really love that pipe with the purpleheart insert too. Fantastic! What are you going to smoke in it after your Bohemian Scandal runs out? I'm in the same boat with a couple of blends.
Thanks for the kind words. I am in a good situation on Bohemian Scandal. I have two pounds of it and at the rate I smoke that means I'll never finish. Oh sure, I could go on a run of just Bohemian and consume it all, but I have so many other tobaccos that if I just consume it at a regular pace I'm in good shape. I did a calcualtion a few years ago and I determined I would run out of tobacco when I'm 80-something. Since then I have been smoking less and still adding the occassional tin to the stash. Long story short...I'm good for a while. :thumb:

I'm jealous of your fishing trip. Sounds GREAT!

Tyler

P.S. Let us know about that Syrian blend. I've heard good things but haven't had a chance to try any yet.