Sadness in life

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Butch_Y

Sadness in life

Post by Butch_Y »

Sorry it took so long between posts. I'm thinking alot of you probably figured me for gone.

Life throws you curves and this one took me for a spin. A very good friend of mine is diagnosed with liver and colon cancer. The colon is taken care of now (it's been 3 weeks since he went in the hospital) but the liver is 85% + eaten up and chemo cant start till after the colon heals.

It's been one hellava ride and way too emotional for me to think of working the way I should be. I was by his side for a week and a half but am home now for just over a week and have only shaped 4 pipes. I gave the bent bill to my friend the first day I went to see him. He fondled it for about 3 hours. It was good to sit and talk with him. I made another similiar one when I got home ans will post that in the gallery.

He's still hanging in but as cancer goes, I'm sure we all know the outcome. It's a very slow, painful way to end your final days, but made easier with a bit of laughter, memories and friendship.
Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours. - Richard Bach, "Illusions"
Nick

Post by Nick »

Sorry to hear your freind is ill.