Smoke eaters/ room air cleaners

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Ray Cover

Smoke eaters/ room air cleaners

Post by Ray Cover »

As a new smoker I have a question about the smell.

My wife is fine with my pipe as long as the residual smoke does not stink up the house. I also do not smoke in front of my kids. It is hard to explain the difference between a pipe and cigerettes to pre-teen kids.

Is there an affordable filter or air cleaner out there that does a decent job of filtering smoke smell out of the air?

I only need it for my studio (about 400sq foot.) since that is the only place I smoke my pipe. The studio is right off of the kitchen though so it is noticable in the rest of the house.

Any advice you folks have is appreciated.

Ray
Ray Cover
School of Fine Art Engraving
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

I've been told that a combo of ionizing air filter and Febreze works wonders. However, I can't speak to that firsthand since I don't smoke in that house due to the kids' allergies and asthma. About the only place I smoke is my truck, or in the blasting shed out back, and I really don't worry too much about the smell in either place.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
LexKY_Pipe

Post by LexKY_Pipe »

I use a "Fresh Air" by Ecoquest. www.ecoquest.com

It's a little pricey, but works great. Smoke cigars and pipes and it will clean the room so well that you wouldn't know anything was lit, at all.
Craig

From the heart of the Blue Grass.
Lexington, KY

loscalzo.pipes@gmail.com
Ray Cover

Post by Ray Cover »

Thanks for the info guys.

Since I already have one of those ionic air cleaners I am going to try the cheapest thing first and buy some fabreeze. Mine is a cheapy from Walmart so who knows if it will do the job.

If that doesn't quite get things to the wife's satisfaction I will buy more hardcore equipment.

Thanks again,

Ray
Ray Cover
School of Fine Art Engraving