Chicago whos comming?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

For you guys who have made the trip before, which airport should I fly into? I had intended to drive up but having car burps so think I will fly.

bob gilbert
baweaverpipes
The Awesomer

Post by baweaverpipes »

staffwalker wrote:For you guys who have made the trip before, which airport should I fly into? I had intended to drive up but having car burps so think I will fly.

bob gilbert
Bob,
If you fly SWA, you'll fly into Midway. Either way, use A1 Limo to St. Charles, there number is on the CPCC web site. It's comfortable and around $50-60 to the resort.
pipeyeti

Post by pipeyeti »

Bob ohare is closer but transportation from either one is easy.
jeff

Post by jeff »

Who's Bob Ohare?

:lol:
pipeyeti

Post by pipeyeti »

He is the guy the airport is named for :roll:
geigerpipes

Post by geigerpipes »

Another question from us Chicago virgins..is it a good idear to reserve a limo from A1 or are plenty available upon arrival to O' hare?
Smoke in peace!!

Love
Webpage www.geigerpipes.com
News/Blog http://news.geigerpipes.com/
pipeyeti

Post by pipeyeti »

Just to be safe I would make a reservation.
BDP

Post by BDP »

Love,

A-1 is first class and reasonably priced for the service. IMHO

Brad
hlp808

Post by hlp808 »

yeah I take A1 Limo all the time when i go to the show.

Jaden
sethile

Post by sethile »

Turns out I can't make it this year :(

My youngest son is playing a state baseball tournament, and my oldest son will be here for a rare visit. It's killing me, but I can't pass either of those up :?

Have a great time, all!
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
jeff

Post by jeff »

Nooo! Scott, you should really ditch your kids and come to the show. Really.

:)

Have fun, and you will be missed. I'll have a tumbler of fine bourbon in your honor.

Best,

Jeff
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

Any advice about clearing security to fly. I intend to check bag with clothes, toiletries, etc. (thought I could rather lose clothes than a year's work) I had planned to carry on pipes, other show stuff in my carry on baggage. Got to thinking about steel tubing in bamboo showing up on x-ray. Is this a problem? Anyone have thoughts on best way to do things? I have never flown to a pipe show.

If you have time stop by my table, take a look at my pipes, feel free to tell me if they suck or not. I don't know where I will be located, it's my first show so I suppose my table will be in a most undesirable location, perhaps under the stairwell or in one of the bathrooms. In any case doubt if you can miss me just think who looks like an old hippie/biker. :?
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

I wish I could make it this year. Just the fact that Love and Sara will be making the long trip across the pond makes it worth attending! I would *love* to meet you guys (no pun intended :) )

Hopefully next year I can make it! Hope all who are going have a great time!:)
Danskpibemager

Chicago Show

Post by Danskpibemager »

This was my first year as an exhibitor at the show and I had the good fortune to sell 40 of my pipes. I had even more good fortune to sit right behind Love and Sara Geiger. They are both wonderful people and I had the opportunity to discuss some different aspects of pipemaking with them both. I also met and talked to Tom Eltang, Teddy Knudsen, Peter Heeschen and Paulo Becker to name a few. I did attend the pipe making seminar both days as I missed it last year and my thanks go out to Brian Ruthenburg, Alex Florov, Larry Faulkner and the rest of the group that helped out. They did a great job in providing all the attendees with the necessary tools and techniques to make a pipe. A special thanks goes out to the French collector and pipe maker who spent two hours with me reviewing the all the aspects of creating a high grade pipe and what collectors look for. I would heartily recommend that if any of you feel you're ready to take the plunge, go ahead and jump in at the next pipe show. The contacts you make and the knowledge gained inspire you to take it to the next level and beyond.

Regards,
Kevin