Reaching Out to Smokers of Flavored Cigarettes

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
pierredekat

Reaching Out to Smokers of Flavored Cigarettes

Post by pierredekat »

I long ago gave up on trying to convince other people about how government should work.

However, I did just put up a blip over on my website that reads: "Mention that you currently smoke clove or other flavored cigarettes being banned by the federal government, and you'll receive a 25% discount on your next pipe purchase and an ounce of my favorite pipe tobacco for free."

I say we reach out to our flavored cigarette smoking friends and show them we will do what we can to keep the hysteria of the anti-tobacco lobby from having free rein.

Anybody know of a clove-flavored pipe tobacco? I'm going to see if I can hook up my brother's secretary with a lady-sized pipe and some tobacco that works for her.
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Re: Reaching Out to Smokers of Flavored Cigarettes

Post by kbadkar »

Is the FDA seriously going to ban clove cigarettes? How about menthol? What about all those nasty Philly Blunt flavors and the like? I suppose bubble gum flavored cigs is off the table now.

To what extent are they looking at pipe tobacco and all the crazy flavored conncoctions available now?

Clove oil is readily available (remember Marathon Man with Hoffman and Olivier?), so perhaps you can try dousing some pipe tobacco with that, or even lightly dip a cig.
pierredekat

Post by pierredekat »

Yeah, it's hitting pretty close to home. What's next? Vanilla and cherry pipe tobaccos?
FredS

Post by FredS »

I believe the flavored cig ban took effect on 09/21/09. Right now, menthol cigs as well as cigar & pipe tobaccos are exempted. But have no doubt, the antis wish to ban all tobacco products eventually. Expect to see a lot of small, clove flavored cigars in the new-product section of your local smoke shop soon.

If you’re really bent on getting clove flavored cigs, I’m sure the dealer in the alley down by the schoolyard can hook you up.
"Cut your own wood and you warm yourself twice." - Henry Ford