Wet Briar

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Sasquatch

Re: Wet Briar

Post by Sasquatch »

Ahhh... the truth is out.

PME accidentally ships me good briar now and again. The fools!
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

I quit using briar because Todd Johnson gets all the good stuff. I suspect it's because he is actually the bastard son of ALL of the briar cutters, and they are collectively trying to keep him quiet. I have evidence. Piles of it. You can come to my cat filled apartment with 18 deadbolts on the door and a police scanner in the kitchen if you don't believe me.

Now, instead of Briar, I am forced to make pipes out of, well, pipes. PVC pipes, to be exact. It sucks, but what can I do with all the good briar being hoarded.
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Simeon, I've been experimenting with a briar-dust and thermoplastic emulsion for lining bowls with. I think I'll call it.... yes.... BRYLON.

I'll sell you some raw materials if you like.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

Sasquatch wrote:Mike, naturally you have the right to participate, as with us all, at the discretion of the moderating staff.

Todd took a little shot at the briar of an internationally known pipe maker. Kurt is very careful and fussy about briar. Therefore it is ironic and therein we find humor.

Why you would attack Todd over that I can only guess.
Numerous attacks on me and others by Todd. I think it's his real hobby.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

Sasquatch wrote:Simeon, I've been experimenting with a briar-dust and thermoplastic emulsion for lining bowls with. I think I'll call it.... yes.... BRYLON.

I'll sell you some raw materials if you like.
Actually I think that's what Todd uses, only it is molded in swirling layers to resemble actual briar wood. It's made in Indonesia, somewhere, as are all of his pipes, using low cost child labor, and Todd just does the P.R., jacks the price and sells them to unsuspecting collectors. :lol:
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Sasquatch wrote: Todd took a little shot at the briar of an internationally known pipe maker. Kurt is very careful and fussy about briar. Therefore it is ironic and therein we find humor.
Internationally known?! Oh, my stars!! I'm not sure my ego can handle such inflation all at once without my head popping like a grape!

In other news, Todd's jab actually *did* get my tea to exit my nose. I had a good chuckle at that one. I am very picky about my briar, and I think Todd knows my opinion of some of the suppliers out there - including a couple former suppliers of mine, and why they're former. It's all about the quality of wood as well as cut, and there a couple suppliers out there selling pretty crappy stuff that *used* to be very good, so I all things considered, I might have made the same jab if someone mentioned one of those guys that I *used* to do business with.

All things being equal, if the wood is good, I actually prefer it sit there for a while before I get to it. :wink:
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

I was going to post "internationally renowned pipe genius" but then I didn't want to be seen as taking a shot at you, Kurt, so I toned it down. :lol:
bregolad

Post by bregolad »

http://www.myspace.com/themikemesserband

i don't know if this is you, but it would be funny
J&J Pipes
jnjpipes.com
bikedoctor
Site Supporter

Post by bikedoctor »

bregolad wrote:http://www.myspace.com/themikemesserband

:lol: :lol:
Kevin
Nick

Post by Nick »

Briar is sooooooo 20th century. 19th century really. Plastics are the furture. My latest Kevlar pipe is awesome!! And its bulletproof!
kbadkar
Site Supporter

Post by kbadkar »

How about graphite? (P&T article)

Naw, thanks anyway for trying.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

bikedoctor wrote:
bregolad wrote:http://www.myspace.com/themikemesserband

:lol: :lol:
Na, the name is not common but also not rare. There's a famous British blues guitarist with the name, also, except, I think he uses Michael, which I also use, sometimes.

Now, bikedoctor, that's a unique name. I guess you work on bikes, or are you an M.D. who makes house calls on a bike?
I remember seeing Brad Pitt down in New Orleans in the French Quarter, on a motorcycle and then later, riding a bicycle and wearing a cool hat, a while after Katrina. Then later, Angelina and the children and all of the kids were wearing a hat like Brad's. It was a gas.