Christmas inspired idea?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
BriarWorldNick

Christmas inspired idea?

Post by BriarWorldNick »

TigerCasual had an inspiring idea with giving away some tobacco here on the forum recently.

So my proposal is that starting this coming year it would be neat if for Christmas, all of the people interested posted into a single sticky to sign up.

What they would be signing up for: A free pipe from another member.

The restrictions could be that it has to be from an ebauchon and a premade stem, in order to keep costs down and to give everyone the same advantage in building a pipe, at least to the extent of available materials.

We could develop the idea more, this post is just to see if anyone else would be interested and how the forum moderators.
There is nothing like being left alone again, to walk peacefully with oneself in the woods. To boil one's coffee and fill one's pipe, and to think idly and slowly as one does it.

~ Knut Hamsun
Dixie_piper

Re: Christmas inspired idea?

Post by Dixie_piper »

That's pretty much what the Pipe in te hat trade is, minus the ebauchon/premade stem part
Regards,
Adam

Veo Vendice
&
Deum Timete
(family motto)
MrChurchwarden

Post by MrChurchwarden »

This is different from the pipe in a hat thing because theres no theme or anything. im up for a pre made thing but summer time maybe?
BriarWorldNick

Post by BriarWorldNick »

Yeah I wanted there to be a financial limit, and restricting some things gives a basic advantage to everyone involved. The hope obviously being that we each acquire a piece of work from someone else, without scaring away those who don't feel their work is up to par with say...Kurt or Tyler or Sas. Basically to further along the idea of community, plus giving shit is cool.

I was shooting for having some rules setup and a basic list of people who want to do it, and starting next christmas. Using this year to iron out any kinks, and if it took off obviously we could do it more than once a year.

Or maybe we could do one for a mid year "trade-off" type deal and if it goes well another for christmas.

The idea is open, there really are no current limits except that it must be ebauchon and premade stem.
There is nothing like being left alone again, to walk peacefully with oneself in the woods. To boil one's coffee and fill one's pipe, and to think idly and slowly as one does it.

~ Knut Hamsun
JMG

Post by JMG »

I'd be game, but won't be in the country next year...bummer! That and I'm sure anyone who got my pipe would feel ridiculously cheated, :lol:
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad