Dealing With Jealosy

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Mike Messer

Dealing With Jealosy

Post by Mike Messer »

In this topic I hope to help some of you new pipemakers, and also some of you more experienced pipemakers, and master carvers.
I can only imagine how you must feel being confronted with a guy like me, a guy who is so gifted that everything he touches turns to gold.
I can only imagine since I, myself, have never experienced jealousy.
I want to remind you that Jealousy is one of the Seven Deadly Sins, and woo, that sounds scary.
Sometimes, the mind can be very tricky, and you disguise your jealousy, and express it as outrage, "Who does he think he is?" But deep down, you know, and I'm sure it must be very painful.
I'm so sorry. I wish I could help you more, but I'm very busy, you understand.
Us truly gifted people are always very busy, but I will make some time for you. You know what they say, "The bigger they are, the nicer they are."

If you will post here, and sincerely apologize for being jealous, and not so nice to me, I will, personally, send you a private message, which you can print-out, frame, and cherish for the rest of your, pipemaking life.

M.M.
Nate

Re: Dealing With Jealosy

Post by Nate »

Seriously? :shock: Wow.
JMG

Post by JMG »

My grandma always told that, in life, there are those who are simply "pot stirrers," and that I should steer clear of these folks...this is all I have to say about this. Good day.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

Nate wrote:Seriously? :shock: Wow.
Oh, Nate, I'm so sorry, but I don't think you're being sincere, now, are you? :)
I also detect a subtle note of sarcasm.

Let this be an example to you all. No P.M. for Nate. :lol:

P.S. And let me also remind you all. Christmas is just around the corner, and Santa Claus is coming to town, my friends.
Last edited by Mike Messer on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flix

Post by flix »

Michael, you are truly a man for the seasons, humble in all ways, true to form, a legend, in your own mind. I salute you sir!
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

JMG wrote:My grandma always told that, in life, there are those who are simply "pot stirrers," and that I should steer clear of these folks...this is all I have to say about this. Good day.
I ain't stirrin' no friggin' pot, JMG, it's a joke. :lol:
Not in the least bit friendly.
No P.M. for JMG.
Last edited by Mike Messer on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike Messer

Post by Mike Messer »

flix wrote:Michael, you are truly a man for the seasons, humble in all ways, true to form, a legend, in your own mind. I salute you sir!
Oh, God, flix, you almost made it, but the "legend in your own mind" part blew it for you.
No P.M. for flix. Sorry.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

In the interest of full disclosure.

Tyler and I had a conversation last night and decided it would be best to place Mike on moderator control. We're hoping that this isn't a permanent move and is simply diffuses the current climate so that we can all move on and talk about things like drinking leather dye and how to make elephantine pipes so you don't get tongue bite when smoking spruce needles.

Move along. Nothing to see here....
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com