First Post & Introduction

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Kyler

First Post & Introduction

Post by Kyler »

Hello everyone I wanted to introduce myself. In recent months, I have taken the new hobby of pipe making and I have used information posted on the forum in my initial steps into carving & finishing pipes. I prefer not to be troll so I decided join the forum and contribute in the future in any way I can.

I have been smoking pipes for over 10 years. I was fortunate enough at 16 to land a job at a local Coffee & Tobacco store so until about 2 years ago I was selling pipes as well. I am a fairly diverse pipe smoker owning 28 different pipes from a large group of different makers including Peterson, Savinelli, Ashton, Ardor, CAO, and more. I don't really prefer one size, style, or shape over another. If it was not for my extreme pickiness about pipes I would probably have more. Though I am huge fan of sandblast pipes. I have smoked a fairly diverse amount of pipe tobacco but mostly prefer English blends over Danish and flavored tobaccos. My personal favorite is McClelland Red Cake. I am also big cigar smoker, which is probably the reason I prefer English blends.

Currently I am making baby steps into pipe making. My first attempts have been with pipe kits supplied by Mark Tinsky. Here soon I may be able to do more since a friend has kindly told me I can use his extensive wood shop for my new hobby.

I look forward to posting for advice and critiques of the pipes I have carved & the ones I make in the future.
"I make pipes to be smoked, not to sit on someone's bookshelf to collect dust." Erik Nording
Nate

Re: First Post & Introduction

Post by Nate »

Welcome Kyler!! Glad to have you here! Look forward to seeing what you craft.
JMG

Re: First Post & Introduction

Post by JMG »

Welcome aboard.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad