Lucky day

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Skip

Lucky day

Post by Skip »

A guy accross the street got a new job and moved leaving some interesting things behind. They had a estate sale today and I grabbed three nice tools. The first was a small Craftsman table saw that was seriously vintage. It had a external motor and was in great shape. It works like new. The next thing was a Craftsman drill press that was as old as the saw. It had the external motor with a belt also. The last thing was a grinder that like the others had a external motor connecting with a belt. I am going to make a belt sander with 6 foot belts with it . The motor runs at 1750 rpm. All of these set me back 150.00 They had a real nice modern electronic Craftsman radial arm saw on a cabinet. I hardly ever need one of these BUT if I could get it cheap enough, why not. They asked 375.00 which I thought was quite high so I offered 150.00 and they decided that it was better than nothing.

Oh Yes, last week a customer was telling me about a great deal he had on 16 inch chain saws. They were made by Husqvarna and were new in the box. He had 8 and sold me one for 100.00. They are not hot either. I have put off buying one for years and with my front yard being covered with trees and 265 feet deep I get a lot of falling trees and limbs. I have cut all of them with a axe for the last 23 years but I am getting tired of that plan. Heck, I am almost as old as Rad.
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Re: Lucky day

Post by KurtHuhn »

Very cool! I love it when stuff like that falls into your lap.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com