Too Early for a Christmas Pipe? :)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Growley

Too Early for a Christmas Pipe? :)

Post by Growley »

I just finished this bulbous Christmas Pipe. I wanted to make it round and jolly as it should be. I had a fat Santa pictured with skinny little legs as you might see in a cartoon drawing.

The stem is hand cut mother of pearl acrylic. It doesn't show well in these pictures, but in the light it really looks nice. It's also quite a bit more red in real life.

**UPDATE** I just got some slightly better pics with a real camera. The iPhone images weren't cutting it for me.

As always, any critique is welcome and happily accepted.

Last edited by Growley on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RadDavis

Re: Too Early for a Christmas Pipe? :)

Post by RadDavis »

You're getting smooth pipes out of that briar I sold you!!??

I'm gonna send you another bill.

Nice work!

Rad
Growley

Re: Too Early for a Christmas Pipe? :)

Post by Growley »

RadDavis wrote:You're getting smooth pipes out of that briar I sold you!!??

I'm gonna send you another bill.

Nice work!

Rad
Ha, yeah, I've managed to get about 5 so far. They're not without their issues, but I'm still having fun. I've got about 3 more smooths to put up once they're complete. Keep in mind...a "smooth" to me would be very "rough" for you I'm sure.

PS. I guess I took the good with the bad. Here's a quick photo of some more briar I bought from you. :D I think there's a bottom to that hole...but I haven't found it yet :wink: