P3211 and P3311 :)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
ND Pipes

P3211 and P3311 :)

Post by ND Pipes »

P3211 - Bamboo Billiard

P3311 - Ghost Face Poker

"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
Gig

Re: P3211 and P3311 :)

Post by Gig »

There stunning pipes, congrats :)
Cheers from downunder
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

thank you dear Sir :)
regards

Alden

Post by Alden »

Nice work Daniel ! Two beautiful pipes
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

thanks man :)

wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Wow Daniel. Those are fantastic! Absolutely beautiful work. The only thing I see that was pointed out to me on my last bamboo pipe is that the distance between the bamboo knuckle and the stem flare/bead looks better if they are the same or at least close to the distance between two bamboo knuckles when using two or more knuckles. The only other thing is that I can't decide if I like the length of the stem on the billiard. Part of me likes that it's so stubby but part of me wishes it were just a touch longer. Still amazing work. Bravo!
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

Wayne - i agree with you - the billiard looks a bit to thick (i would be happier if the shank was thinner) ...
the problem with bamboo is that i am using a steel pipe to make the shank stronger ... if the bamboo is smaller in diameter it can brake during the drilling...
i was thinking how to do the shank if the dia of the bamboo is smaller and i am not sure i like the ideas i had ...
there is also an option to use a tenon from bamboo into the briar and from mouthpiece into the bamboo... but glueing the acrylic reinforcement ring towards the mouthpiece and without a tenon on the ring to hold the ring better to the bamboo in order to prevent it to brake (because the tenon of the mouthpiece willbe entering into that ring and into the bamboo) is not something i like as an option..
would love to hear how to glue safely and assemble safely pipes with a very thin bamboo - but i have to be sure that this will hold as a rock....

also, you are correct related distances between the knuckles and everything - it is better ... :)
this is my first white bamboo pipe (and second one) so, i am still testing what to do :)
the third one is in progress and will have the other option - hope that one will be interesting... have to see when done... :) if not - than the best thing is to have distances the same....
:)
thanks

hawky454

Post by hawky454 »

Man, every pipe you make is absolutely brilliant. Nice job! These are amazing!
Go hang a salami I'm a lasagna hog.
Nate

Post by Nate »

tNd wrote:Wayne - i agree with you - the billiard looks a bit to thick (i would be happier if the shank was thinner) ...
the problem with bamboo is that i am using a steel pipe to make the shank stronger ... if the bamboo is smaller in diameter it can brake during the drilling...
i was thinking how to do the shank if the dia of the bamboo is smaller and i am not sure i like the ideas i had ...
there is also an option to use a tenon from bamboo into the briar and from mouthpiece into the bamboo... but glueing the acrylic reinforcement ring towards the mouthpiece and without a tenon on the ring to hold the ring better to the bamboo in order to prevent it to brake (because the tenon of the mouthpiece willbe entering into that ring and into the bamboo) is not something i like as an option..
would love to hear how to glue safely and assemble safely pipes with a very thin bamboo - but i have to be sure that this will hold as a rock....

also, you are correct related distances between the knuckles and everything - it is better ... :)
this is my first white bamboo pipe (and second one) so, i am still testing what to do :)
the third one is in progress and will have the other option - hope that one will be interesting... have to see when done... :) if not - than the best thing is to have distances the same....
thanks
I will have 2 pipes up soon that are quite thin (bamboo) and you check them out.
Nate

Post by Nate »

Ha! I have looked at this thread so much, I thought I already commented! Nice work Daniel! I do like your bamboo work. Really like your 'ghost' finish as well! I'd say the same as Wayne, stem on billiard is pretty stubby and knuckle spacing could be a touch better. Keep up the nice work man!
bornagainbriar

Post by bornagainbriar »

Wow! Not much there that one would not like!
Absolutely love them both!

The staining choice, 'ghost face' is amazing! Just the right clarity and opacity - and of course that dark color of the stain really brings out the grain.

Two things i feel I must comment on:
1. I love that short little bit on the billiard! The shape is awesome and just the fact that it is as short makes it all the more intriguing. Call it a mini-saddle??
2. The birds eye in that poker is just amazing! and again, the perfect stain and finish.

Just love them both.
"A pipe is a good thing for all men. For wise men, it gives them time to think and ponder. For a fool, it gives him something to shove in his mouth." - Unknown...
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

Cool pipes Daniel. Only thing I would note is that the stem on the first one is really short. I know a number of smokers who clench with back teeth, so you might lose some potential clients with stems like that. Just FYI.
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

bornagainbriar wrote:Wow! Not much there that one would not like!
Absolutely love them both!

The staining choice, 'ghost face' is amazing! Just the right clarity and opacity - and of course that dark color of the stain really brings out the grain.

Two things i feel I must comment on:
1. I love that short little bit on the billiard! The shape is awesome and just the fact that it is as short makes it all the more intriguing. Call it a mini-saddle??
2. The birds eye in that poker is just amazing! and again, the perfect stain and finish.

Just love them both.
i really like that short mouthpiece - i made it once and i will make it again ... kind of interesting - you are correct - thank you :) :)

ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

e Markle wrote:Cool pipes Daniel. Only thing I would note is that the stem on the first one is really short. I know a number of smokers who clench with back teeth, so you might lose some potential clients with stems like that. Just FYI.

i tried to clench that pipe - it is really an interesting feeling - like smoking a pacifier :) heheheheheheheheheh..... aaahhhh - brings back memories :P :P ahahahahahah.... a thought - maybe i should make a saddle with a more diameter - than the user can clench the pipe in between the bit and the saddle - it is REALLY and interesting feeling... :)

... it is an interesting little mouthpiece :)
thank you dear Sir :)

Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Can't tell too much with them on the stand. They're shiny though, so that's good.