2 more tNd's

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
ND Pipes

2 more tNd's

Post by ND Pipes »

2 new tNd's... :)
regards

"URTEILE NICHT ÜBER DINGE, VON DENEN DU NUR ECHO UND SCHATTEN KENNST !"

http://tnd-pipes.com/
Archer

Re: 2 more tNd's

Post by Archer »

Awesome man! Love the second one...the first one is nice, but I hate the bamboo trend right now... :thumbsup:
Growley

Post by Growley »

Great looking pipes. I really like them both. I saw your drawing of the second on your website a while back. It turned out great. I can't make any technical or experiential comments, so how about two preferential comments?

On the first pipe (and this is pure preference) I think it would look great if the rim wasn't as thick. Bamboo is so light, to me you might as well go ahead and make the hole thing lighter. Having some thinner walls would would give you a more delicate look that I think bamboo needs. Once again preference.

The second pipe is amazing. You pulled that design off so well. The stem to me doesn't hold it's own artistic weight against such an awesome stummel. I feel like if you had even put just one more of the same ripples but maybe smaller after the larger one it would bring the two pieces together.

All that said, I'm no where near being able to make pipes as wonderful as this, so please take my comments as amateur preference :wink:

Very nice!
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

thank guys for your comments...
apple - well, she is not that light as she can be - i agree ... she has also a SS pipe inside the bamboo so i believe when you could hold her in your hand, the weight would suggest you to get the rim as it is... IMHO this is the right thickness for the weight of the pipe (the real weight)... the appearance is light, i agree... but the looks is not what she is in reality :) :)
this is the way i was thinking while making her :) maybe i was wrong however... i do accept your suggestion as a good one and will have that in my mind when making another one...
"Mushroom" - or "The Pagoda" as it turns out to be... :) well... i was thinking what to put there.. i could go with a heavy looking stem and i could make some ribs and things there... but i thought - the head is heavy, it is also ribbed and looks very dinamic .. why not use a very soft, thin and light looking stem on that heavy monster head... in my opinion (that is not a reference) she looks interesting because of that contrast... and when you get her in your hand and mouth she is really interesting "thing"... so heavy in the head and so tiny in the mouthpiece - you are affraid that this baby monster might break the stem ... :) :) i thought that this might be interesting game here between those two... :)

billiard

Post by billiard »

Both very nice pipes.

I really like the finish you are getting on some of your pipes, the darker stained ring really looks nice on the 2nd one.... though it is a pretty odd looking apple ;) :P
Nate

Post by Nate »

Like them both Daniel! The bowl on the apple is sweet!! Love the character of the 2nd pipe as well. Always enjoy seeing what you come up with!
HumblePipe

Post by HumblePipe »

As always, your pipes are fantastic. I may be your biggest fan of your work, you really do a great job. I am not really big on the incorporation of bamboo, but I think the rest of your pipe allows me to look past my non-preferred material.
ND Pipes

Post by ND Pipes »

thanks guys... regards
daniel