Ready for Spoon Bits?

Discussions of tools wether you bought them or made them yourself. Anything from screwdrivers to custom chucks and drilling rigs.
DaGamba

Re: Ready for Spoon Bits?

Post by DaGamba »

Sorry for replying late. I would like the smaller one, please.
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

Is there any word on delivery on this project? I don't want to complain, but we're coming up on five months since I sent my money in and I could have used that $400 many times in the meantime.
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/pipeblog/

My Lizards & Pipes Web Comic:
https://talbertpipes.com/category/lizards/
BDP

Post by BDP »

Trevor,
I am just getting underway.... purchase order for the material is in..... if you like, I can refund your money... no problem... organizing this has been no fun matter for me, either... I started putting this together a year ago..... It has not been me dragging my feet, but I have done everything I could to bring this together.... again, I can refund your money if you like... I want no one unhappy...

Best,
Brad
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

BDP wrote:Trevor,
I am just getting underway.... purchase order for the material is in..... if you like, I can refund your money... no problem... organizing this has been no fun matter for me, either... I started putting this together a year ago..... It has not been me dragging my feet, but I have done everything I could to bring this together.... again, I can refund your money if you like... I want no one unhappy...

Best,
Brad

No, Brad, don't fret, I'm not annoyed at you, but at the long string of people taking forever to make up their minds what they want, changing their orders, etc. This is why I normally never get involved in group buys - When I decide to commit, I put my money in and don't diddle-daddle around, but too many people will waffle forever if they're allowed to. Usually, I just pay the higher price and get my orders on my own, on my schedule. I do not have much patience with wafflers. :wink: This just came to my attention because my wife is doing our taxes and asked me how to handle a business expense that occurred last year for goods we wouldn't be receiving until the next tax year.

Edit - I say this now, because I don't want to cause even more hassle for you by pulling out. If this drags on till springtime, though, I will be wanting to cancel.
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:

SimeonTurner
Site Supporter

Post by SimeonTurner »

Trever, I understand your position on wafflers; however, I'm curious as to your position on waffles? Would you say you are pro-waffle, anti-waffle, or a waffle neutral?

:mrgreen:
"It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good - and less trouble."

Turner Pipes Website:
http://www.turnerpipes.com

Of Briar and Ashes:
http://turnerpipes.wordpress.com
TreverT

Post by TreverT »

SimeonTurner wrote:Trever, I understand your position on wafflers; however, I'm curious as to your position on waffles? Would you say you are pro-waffle, anti-waffle, or a waffle neutral?

:mrgreen:

I've heard it told that one of the signs of the End Times will be the rise of the Anti-Waffle. Personally, though, he doesn't sound so bad to me.
Happy Smoking,
Trever Talbert
www.talbertpipes.com

My Pipe Blog:

Leus

Post by Leus »

Ping?
Nate

Post by Nate »

Leus wrote:Ping?
I'll ping this again, how are we coming on these?
BDP

Post by BDP »

Material purchased.... shop time scheduled, target date end of march.....
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Any government types reading this would be thinking that just now would be the perfect time to change the designs, the materials, and the cost of the project, but keep the delivery date, and blame the opposite party when things go to hell. :lol:
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Leus

Post by Leus »

Great to know. Thanks you, Brad!
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

BDP wrote:Material purchased.... shop time scheduled, target date end of march.....
Thanks for your work on this Brad, I'm sure it's not been easy coordinating everything. I'm excited to see the end product!
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

e Markle wrote:
BDP wrote:Material purchased.... shop time scheduled, target date end of march.....
Thanks for your work on this Brad, I'm sure it's not been easy coordinating everything. I'm excited to see the end product!
No use brown-nosing, Ernie. You won't get yours any faster than the rest of us. :lol:

FWIW, I'm more excited than Ernie, Brad, so feel free to make my bits extra special. Oh, and you're the man and all that stuff. :wink:
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

I'm in no hurry so you can make mine last. Go ahead and take care of those candyasses who can't make a pipe until they get your bits. bob gilbert :D
BDP

Post by BDP »

I'm shooting for a completion date of mid-April.....
FYI

Brad
jogilli
Site Supporter

Post by jogilli »

staffwalker wrote:I'm in no hurry so you can make mine last. Go ahead and take care of those candyasses who can't make a pipe until they get your bits. bob gilbert :D

but what else am I supposed to drill with... sandpaper wrapped around a dowel is getting old.. and it takes tooooo long

james
staffwalker
Site Supporter

Post by staffwalker »

jogilli wrote:
staffwalker wrote:I'm in no hurry so you can make mine last. Go ahead and take care of those candyasses who can't make a pipe until they get your bits. bob gilbert :D

but what else am I supposed to drill with... sandpaper wrapped around a dowel is getting old.. and it takes tooooo long

james
A two dollar spade bit shaped on a grinding wheel or by hand with a file. bob gilbert
Nate

Post by Nate »

BDP wrote:I'm shooting for a completion date of mid-April.....
FYI

Brad
How are these coming?
BDP

Post by BDP »

Gents,

Something came up in my personal life I had not anticipated, and it has taken it's toll on me, physically and emotionally; add to that preparation for Chicago, as well as working at night on this project, and you can understand I am pressed to my limits... I imagine it will be another 3 weeks, after I am back from Chicago.. the bits are all turned, I have milling to do, then off to heat treat, and then the final grinding... that's where I am... I'm sorry for the delay, I know you are all anxious to get these in your hands. Believe me, I'm doing the best I can, and I won't let you down... I beg your grace...

Best,
Brad
e Markle

Post by e Markle »

No sweat Brad,
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing you next week.