2nd pipe (Blowfish)

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Silverspur81

2nd pipe (Blowfish)

Post by Silverspur81 »

Finished the pipe and I wasn't happy with the sides. So after re-work I decide to go with a two tone look.
[img]http://i1053.photobucket.com/album ... .jpg[/img]
maxmil

Re: 2nd pipe (Blowfish)

Post by maxmil »

Beautiful.
Best regards.
Félix

Preciosa.
Saludos.
Félix
Silverspur81

Post by Silverspur81 »

Any advice or suggestions would be great. I'm looking for advice that will help me moving forward.
Ocelot55

Post by Ocelot55 »

I like what you did with the two tone dye.

What I don't like is the overall proportions of the pipe. The shank is waaay to short for that stem. I probably would have put something like a bent little saddle stem on it butted up flush with the shank, kinda like a nosewarmer. The sharp lines are nice but the shape needs more definition. Were you trying to make the bowl spherical from a profile view or more like a brandy? Think about what you want your pipe to look like and then make it happen.

Overall, that's not bad for a 2nd pipe. You should have seen my second. :lol: I am by no means an expert but I think some of the pros will echo my critique here.

I can already tell you're getting the hand of things by looking at your third, which is loads better than this one. Keep making pipes! It gets easier as you go!
Silverspur81

Post by Silverspur81 »

Hey Ocelot,
This was a kit pipe so I was limited on the stem. I agree that it is probably to long for this pipe. If I'm going to do more pipes I really need to start doing my on stems.