First Pipe/First Kit

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
Hudson

First Pipe/First Kit

Post by Hudson »

First, I'd like to thank all those who have answered my cries for help when I've encountered a seemingly insurmountable obstacle. Without the advice I've gotten from you and the archives, my first attempt would be meager indeed. That said, the shortcomings are mine alone and I welcome any comments that will help me do better on the next one. This pipe is from a kit so I can't take any credit for the engineering or the stem but I am pleased with what I was able to do with the briar I had. The most obvious flaw at the shank/ stem juncture is due to belt-sander user error, a mistake I have promised myself I will never make again.

Many thanks for the opportunity to share this with you.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
Nate

Re: First Pipe/First Kit

Post by Nate »

Boosh! Nice pipe.
JMG

Post by JMG »

Nate wrote:Boosh! Nice pipe.
I'm reporting you to the "Boosh" police.

Great first pipe, Mr. Hudson.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets"

"When you're dumb...you've got to be tough." - my dad
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

You would be better to insert a mouthpiece "Army". Sure it's only my opinion.
Best regards.
Félix

Te quedaría mejor una boquilla con encastre "Army". Claro que solo es mí opinión.
Saludos.
Félix

Growley

Post by Growley »

Nice job for your first pipe. Those types of mistakes are painful, but when they hurt bad enough that you'll never forget them, they're worth it.

Good work.

Brian.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Thanks all; it's obviously not ready for prime time but I had to start somewhere.

Felix, you're right, I might could save it that way. I did buy a silver band/cap for it but it wasn't available in sterling and when I saw it I decided the pipe would serve better as a reminder to slow down and use the power equipment sparingly. I may even smoke her just for the heck of it.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

I like it! Looks like it will be a great smoker. Being a total newbie I fully understand and appreciate those sanding/drilling/stem/what have you mistakes! Glad you could salvage.
maxmil

Post by maxmil »

You do not need to put the silver ring.
Best regards.
Félix

Puedes hacerlo sin necesidad de ponerle el anillo de plata.
Saludos.
Félix

Hudson wrote:Thanks all; it's obviously not ready for prime time but I had to start somewhere.

Felix, you're right, I might could save it that way. I did buy a silver band/cap for it but it wasn't available in sterling and when I saw it I decided the pipe would serve better as a reminder to slow down and use the power equipment sparingly. I may even smoke her just for the heck of it.