The 14th pipe I made, Baby Bamboo Blowfish。

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
pzhan

The 14th pipe I made, Baby Bamboo Blowfish。

Post by pzhan »

Hey guys, I have been busy with other things lately, so I didn't got much time to make pipes.
Finally, I got my 14th done. it is a Baby Bamboo Blowfish.
Yeap, another blowfish. :mrgreen:
Let me know what you think. :D

Sasquatch

Re: The 14th pipe I made, Baby Bamboo Blowfish。

Post by Sasquatch »

I think it's great.

I absolutely hate that style of pipe, but that one works really well - organic but still sharply defined.

Criticism limited to the curve of the "spine" on the back of the bowl - it's a little wobbly.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
Alden

Post by Alden »

Awesome pipe man ! I love the shank, especially the shank to bowl transition. Very elegant.
pzhan

Post by pzhan »

Sasquatch wrote:I think it's great.

I absolutely hate that style of pipe, but that one works really well - organic but still sharply defined.

Criticism limited to the curve of the "spine" on the back of the bowl - it's a little wobbly.
Thanks.
Yes, maybe a little wobbly, :shock:
pzhan

Post by pzhan »

Alden wrote:Awesome pipe man ! I love the shank, especially the shank to bowl transition. Very elegant.
Thanks. :D
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Piling on here . . . I think it's wonderful, too. I absolutely love this style of pipe and this one's a particularly good example. The bowl and shank don't flow seamlessly in a traditional sense but they complement each other so nicely that they unify the composition.

I think I'm seeing some of the wobbly but it seems the natural grace of the bamboo buys you a little leeway.

My only hang-up is the color. Even though the bowl color works well with the bamboo, it's still a little too green for me. Or maybe it's too yellow a green.

All in all, though, a stunner. Congratulations.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker
The Smoking Yeti

Post by The Smoking Yeti »

My best guess is that the colors are actually warmer throughout the pipe. You can see a bluish hue in the white background, that signifies the white balance at which the photograph is taken is to "cool" for the light source it was shot under. In short- there are more blues in the picture than there should be, which actually gives a false impression of what the stain actually looks like. I'd like to see a picture taken at the right color balance before I make a final judgement on the stain. Or better still- just ship me that pipe and I can do a more in depth review for you.
My pipemaking stream of conscience/ website:

http://yetipipe.tumblr.com/