Some of my attempts...

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
1FatBastard

Some of my attempts...

Post by 1FatBastard »

Here are some of my stuff...
I don't use or own a lathe, its all shaping wheel, arbor, curtesy of Kurt. Hope you like. :?

Sasquatch

Re: Some of my attempts...

Post by Sasquatch »

Mr Bastard (may I call you 1fat?) I'd be interested to know the order these were made in - certainly the pipe front and center in the first pic shows some inconsistencies in shaping that the other pokers don't seem to at the bowl/shank joint. You aren't getting a real tight stem transition but if you don't have the tooling that's pretty impossible. You cutting with a tenon cutter?
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
SchmidtN

Post by SchmidtN »

This has to be the same fat bastard from youtube. What's up, it's nsschmid! You'll find these guys aren't as hugs and lollipops as youtube pipe reviews, but they're good for a laugh. You should post up pictures of that cock and balls poker and see what folks have to say about that one! :lol:

And before I forget, nice pipes.
Hello, I'm #1312.
That's a really big number.
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Looks like you've been scrambling up that learning curve at a pretty good pace. Impressive pipes, especially for working without a net.

But speaking of lollipops . . . what flavor is that freehand? I'm thinking maybe a butterscotch, or is it caramel? Quite an array of flavors, delightful!
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"Creativity is the residue of time wasted."

Albert Einstein, famous pipe smoker