How detailed are your notes?

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
Tyler
Site Supporter

Re: How detailed are your notes?

Post by Tyler »

wdteipen wrote:It's all in how well you use the tenon the pipemaker gave you. :lol:
True, but apparently tenon length correlates with the price you charge, which is what really matters in "the profession".
andrew

Post by andrew »

Well, I don't have any commentary on "tenons", but my note taking is completely non-existent now. Every once in a while I think "maybe I should write this down", then I don't and life goes on.
d.huber

Post by d.huber »

scotties22 wrote:Well, I guess I did ASK for this to get off topic. And am a bit dissapointed in you fellas. I throw you a great bone (really no pun intended) about my maiden name and not one of you bit.....sad, I say, sad.
We're classier than that here.
http://www.dshpipes.com

"Strive for excellence, not for what someone else accepts."
-Tyler Beard
wdteipen

Post by wdteipen »

Tyler wrote:
wdteipen wrote:It's all in how well you use the tenon the pipemaker gave you. :lol:
True, but apparently tenon length correlates with the price you charge, which is what really matters in "the profession".
The special correlation between tenon length and price is one of those secrets I'm just not willing to disclose. It's what sets my pipes apart from the rest of you hacks. You know....like Eltang's contrast stain.
Wayne Teipen
Teipen Handmade Briar Pipes
http://www.teipenpipes.com
Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch »

Like and yet.... unlike.
ALL YOUR PIPE ARE BELONG TO US!
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

Growley wrote:
If you're concerned with making more than one of the same pipe, then it might be worth it to keep templates of the pipe you drew on your block.
there was a video posted here a while ago where Bo was using a template to outline a horn looked like a good idea
mcgregorpipes

Post by mcgregorpipes »

and I googled cenote because I had no idea what you were diving into and found this picture I'm jealous

scotties22

Post by scotties22 »

Amazing experience. You don't have to be cave certified, just open water. Dos Ojos just south of Playa del Carmen is where that picture was taken. It is by far one of the coolest dives I have even been on and I have been at 65 ft with bull sharks.....I will not be diving with them again. I was scared shitless the entire time.

600 lbs female bull shark shot with a wide angle lens......she was less than 2 feet from me. Close enough for my strobe flash to wash out her color.
Am I Calamity Jane or Annie Oakley??...depends on the day.
www.ladybriar.com
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

scotties22 wrote:Amazing experience. You don't have to be cave certified, just open water. Dos Ojos just south of Playa del Carmen is where that picture was taken. It is by far one of the coolest dives I have even been on and I have been at 65 ft with bull sharks.....I will not be diving with them again. I was scared shitless the entire time.

600 lbs female bull shark shot with a wide angle lens......she was less than 2 feet from me. Close enough for my strobe flash to wash out her color.
Damn, but I really had a funny political comment to make, but won't. I will have to copy that picture and put it on the political site I comment on thenewstalkers.com
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

wmolaw wrote:
scotties22 wrote:Amazing experience. You don't have to be cave certified, just open water. Dos Ojos just south of Playa del Carmen is where that picture was taken. It is by far one of the coolest dives I have even been on and I have been at 65 ft with bull sharks.....I will not be diving with them again. I was scared shitless the entire time.

Damn, but I really had a funny political comment to make, but won't. I will have to copy that picture and put it on the political site I comment on thenewstalkers.com
Isn't that a shot of Romney with Paul Ryan swimming alongside? I think he's waiting for his chance to eat the parasites from his ass? Middle one looks like a bottom-feeder; Romney's tax attorney perhaps? The tiny one may be John Galt. Wait . . . "Who is John Galt?"

Oh, and who are the New Stalkers? I'm not an attorney, but I thought stalking was illegal.

TJ
wmolaw

Post by wmolaw »

ToddJohnson wrote:
wmolaw wrote:

Isn't that a shot of Romney with Paul Ryan swimming alongside? I think he's waiting for his chance to eat the parasites from his ass? Middle one looks like a bottom-feeder; Romney's tax attorney perhaps? The tiny one may be John Galt. Wait . . . "Who is John Galt?"

Oh, and who are the New Stalkers? I'm not an attorney, but I thought stalking was illegal.

TJ
LOL, theNewsTalkers.com as in News Talkers! Hey, don't blame me for the name. Actually, I was thinking of another analogy.
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

wmolaw wrote:
LOL, theNewsTalkers.com as in News Talkers! Hey, don't blame me for the name. Actually, I was thinking of another analogy.
Aah. Got it. :D

TJ