The Tipsy Shotglass

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
marks

The Tipsy Shotglass

Post by marks »

I've finished a new pipe, and it has been delivered to the Pipe and Pint. It is number 2806, on the bottom of page 1 of my web site, which can be accessed from the link below. I modeled it after some shotglasses I own. I've always liked the way these glasses looked and felt, and this pipe is a bigger version of them. I also made the pipe stand on it's own.

This is also the first pipe I have offered for retail with this rustication style. I was going for a tree barky type rustication, and I think I came pretty close. Since I don't have a sandblaster, and I have no immediate plans to purchase one, I wanted to have at least three different styles of rustication to have some variety. This style completes the trilogy.

You can get to my site by cliking on the link in the signature below. Thanks for looking.

Mark
sethile

Post by sethile »

That's very nice Mark! I like it a lot... Your new rustification looks great! You've inspired me, and now I want to revisit a Poker variation again soon (my first attempt at one left me completely unsatisfied).
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
marks

Post by marks »

Thanks! I have been doing that rustication on the shanks of my watering can pipes as I cannot get the nail tool onto the shanks, and I thought, what would a whole pipe look like like that? So, when I had a pipe that I thought it would work on, I went for it.

How I did the rustication was to take a sharp woodworking chisel and duck walk it up the briar, repeatedly, till the rustication came out even all around. Be careful, because if you slip, you may cut yourself as I did. I need some of those kevlar gloves. :?