Chicago Meeting

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ToddJohnson

Chicago Meeting

Post by ToddJohnson »

Hello Gents (and ladies if there are any),

Some of you may not even know who I am (I see a lot of user names I don't recognize), but I've been participaing here for several years. As demand has increased for my work, I find I have less time to particpate in online forums--plus, I have a 15 month old little boy now--but answering questions about pipemaking, and helping aspiring pipemakers is something I really enjoy. Given that fact, I would love to do something of an informal forum in Chicago for those of you who might have questions you would like answered. I can probably even convince Jody Davis to participate. It would just be a time to ask those nagging questions you've not been able to get answered, and maybe see a little demonstration. I don't mean to be presumptuous--I certainly don't have everything figured out--but several very accomplished pipemakers have been very generous with their time and information toward me, and I would love to return the favor. I will be available Thursday sometime before or after the Smokingpipes.com get-together. If there's some interest, I'd be happy to meet with you guys. I've been there before, and I was very fortunate to have someone take me under their wing--Tom Eltang to be exact. I'll check back here in a few days to see if there's some interest. If so, I look forward to meeting with anyone who might have questions.

Happy pipemaking,

Todd
Tyler
Site Supporter

Post by Tyler »

Dang it...yet another reason to be bummed about missing the show. I tried hard to get there this year, but it was not to be. You guys have a grand time!

Tyler

PS Does Jody have a computer? We need to convince that rascal to log on the the forum every now and again.
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

I'm interested in attending this. Let me know where and when.

I have a 15 month old boy too! When was your son born?
Nick

Post by Nick »

I'm up for it Todd.

And 15 month? Bah! Those are easy. I have a 4, 5 and 8 year old. Heck, Tyler has 4 I think? One is easy. Two at least you have man to man coverage. Three and up? Gotta fall back to zone coverage.

How is your baby btw Todd? That is such a fun age. Man, I miss my little babies. My three are getting so big. The other day, my 8 year old didn't want to be seen in school holding my hand! *cries* Breaks daddy's heart.

Hope your baby is doing well to Scott. Fifteen months is just an awesome age. Tyler, how old is your baby nowdays?
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

That's great, Todd. Just great. First you post a job opportunity right after I take a position at a bank (of all places for me!), then you announce this right after I tell Frank I can't make it this year due to familial obligations.

Poop.

(oh, and *poke* as well - regarding you know what....) 8)
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
magruder

Post by magruder »

Color me there.
Awaiting details and a big thanx to Mr. J :thumb:
Best,
Steve
ToddJohnson

Post by ToddJohnson »

Hey guys,

How does 9:00 P.M. on Thursday night sound? That will work for Jody, and it will give me some time at the Smokingpipes.com reception. Let's meet in that room off the lobby where Tyler's group got together last year. Does that work for everyone who cares to attend?

Todd
magruder

Post by magruder »

Works f'me. :thumb:
Thanx,
Steve
StephenDownie

Post by StephenDownie »

Hi Todd,

I'd like to show up just to meet eveyone. Is that to the left or the right of the front check in facing the desk?
Stephen Downie
www.downiepipes.com