The HOOYA

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
achduliebe

The HOOYA

Post by achduliebe »

This pipe was made for a good friend who is on his way to the Middle East to do some Navy spec ops missions for a 1-2 year tour. I gave this pipe to him as a gift along with a few ounces of tobacco. Hopefully in the little time they will have to rest, he might enjoy a pipe. The pipe was carved from a block that I cut in half. On piece which this pipe was made from and the other from which I will carve a pipe for myself. In hopes that with God's help, these two pieces of briar will be reunited and will be ceremoniously smoked together to celebrate the same return of my good friend. May God bless him and all that fight in service of our great country.

A little added note, this pipe was started a week ago and was worked on on and off during the past week. Total time invested about 15 hours...a benchmark for me. Dimensions are as follows:

Thanks for looking.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
sethile

Post by sethile »

Beautiful job on this one Bryan! I really like how you worked with the grain while shaping the stummel. The sentiment behind the project is wonderful. My hopes and prayers go with your friend. What a great way to remember someone heading into a dangeriuos situation, and a great plan for enjoying his return. May he return safe, and may you both be blessed by the re-uniting of the briar.
Scott E. Thile
Collector, smoker, and aspiring pipemaker.
http://sethilepipes.com
Sysop: http://pipedia.org
---------------------
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks Scott for the compliments and prayers.
-Bryan

"You should never fight, but if you have to fight...fight dirty. Kick 'em in the groin, throw a rock at 'em"

www.quinnpipes.com
flix

Post by flix »

Bro Bryan,

Praying for your brother to return safe and sound, God willing.

--Michael
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks Michael, I really appreciate it!
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com
smokindawg

Post by smokindawg »

Bryan, great sentiment behind that fantastic pipe. I'm sure he will be able to go to a much better place when smoking it....Than the place he will actually be in.

Much thought behind it and the brother pipe to yet be made.

Thoughts and prayers to your friend, as well as everyone else that is giving, as well as giving up so much to serve........ :thumb:
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks smokindawg, I greatly appreciate your thoughts and prayers.
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com
Nick

Post by Nick »

Nice pipe bud. You're really getting good. Great sentiment too. I hope your bud comes through everything well.
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Great pipe Bryan, and with the sentiment behind it, makes this and the pipe you'll create from the other half of the block priceless. I hope all goes well, and the two halves of the briar, as well as you and your friend are reunited.

David
achduliebe

Post by achduliebe »

Thanks Nick and David, I will post pics of the other pipe once it is finished. Haven't started working on it quite yet.

Nick- I still haven't got a stamp yet. I don't feel that I am quite up to the level of stamping yet. Just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgot about stamping the blowfish.
-Bryan

www.quinnpipes.com