better pics. of the billard

Want to show you work to the world? Want a place to post photos of your work and solicit the opinions of those that have gone before you? Post your work here.
smokepiper

better pics. of the billard

Post by smokepiper »

Sorry for the dark pic. here is a few better ones.Image Image Image [/img]
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Are you ready for it?

I dig the shape, and the rustication, but I wish it wasn't so deep. The problem is that it's deep, but shallow. Hrmmm. That's not too descriptive. What I wish is that it was just as deep, but had a bunch of high points just as high as the smooth parts. Deep and craggy, instead of deep and relatively smooth. See Paul Tatum's rustication for what I would rather see. What you have seem sto interrupt the lines of the pipe for some reason.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
RadDavis

Post by RadDavis »

Hi Ronny,

Pay no attention to Kurt. :)

That is a pretty cool looking pipe.

Rad
KurtHuhn
Site Admin

Post by KurtHuhn »

Oh totally! Don't let my critique of the rustication overshadow the fact that it's a great pipe. It's very well proportioned, and the bowl is properly angled. The stain is also really nice.
Kurt Huhn
AKA: Oversized Ostrogoth
artisan@k-huhn.com
smokepiper

It´s ok Kurth...

Post by smokepiper »

I know the rustication is almost like stripping the pipe and leave it half naked, no peaks or anything to shield the pipe. On purpose, i find the deep cuts to be bold and almost irritating. I got the effect i was looking for and those who have seen it live first says bad things then after a few minutes of study they find the pipe very nice... I am pleased to have managed to display the birdseyes at the rim, birdseyes gives me the fanatic feeling about pipes. Thanks for your thoughts Kurth and Rad