ARGH!!

For the things that don't fit neatly into the other categories.
ScoJo

ARGH!!

Post by ScoJo »

So I finally get back out in my garage after like a year. I spent all day yesterday cleaning things out and getting ready to start making pipes again. I'm relatively stocked on raw materials, so I figure I'm good to go. Get a block squared and drilled, and pull out the Taig to start fitting a rod. About a year ago I tried making my second handcut stem, and tried to make something really fancy with it. I got lost as to what to do with it and frustrated (probably a bad idea for only my second stem). I got discouraged, and things got hectic at work, and, well, I haven't gone back to it for a year.

Anyway, I go to get back on the horse, and I find that my Taig belt is cracked in about three places. Argh!! Sent an email to Nick Carter, and from his site it looks like I will have to pay $5 to ship an $8 belt. :cry:

Is there anywhere I can get this belt locally? Doubt it. Maybe I should add some stuff to my order to make the shipping worth it. :twisted:

No idea for anything else I would need though.

Bummer. I need to get back to pipe making. I'm not very good, but I do enjoy it!
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

If you have a local Home Depot or Lowes, they may stock something that will work. An auto parts store may, as well as a standard local hardware store. Just take the cracked belt with you and see if they can match it. In a pinch a rubber band might work :wink:
bvartist

Post by bvartist »

Your best bet is a place that repairs small engines and electric motors.
ckr

Post by ckr »

You could order several and add some bits to make it worth the shipping. However, I wouldn't store them in the garage keep the spares at room temperture indoors.
ScoJo

Post by ScoJo »

Gotta take a minute to give props to Nick Carter. I emailed him on Monday and ordered two new belts for the Taig. I paypaled him the money on Monday, and they were in my mailbox when I got home on Wednesday. Now that is service!!
hazmat

Post by hazmat »

Nick's great. When I got my Taig I must've emailed and called him with about 100 "duh" questions and he was more than happy to answer each and every one and help get me up and running.